Maharishi Markandeshwar University PhD Admission 2019 Notification
MMU PhD Admission Notice 2019
Maharishi Markandeshwar University PhD Admission 2019 - Maharishi Markandeshwar University invites application for admission to its Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme for the academic year 2019-20.
PhD Program Disciplines
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University invites applications by 04th September 2019 for admission to the PhD Program in the following disciplines
See: PHD Admission
- Computer Science & Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Civil Engineering; Bio-Technology; Physics; Chemistry; Hotel Management; Management; Mathematics; Pharmacy
- Medical Stream: Biochemistry; Microbiology; Pharmacology; Physiology
- Dental Stream: Oral Maxillofacial Surgery; Public Health Dentistry
- Nursing Stream: Nursing
Duration of the Program
- The PhD Program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. However, candidate is to do research work for a minimum duration of two years after the approval of synopsis by the Research Advisory Committee
- A candidate for admission to the PhD Program must have obtained any of the following academic qualifications in the discipline of research or a subject allied thereto (the alliance to be decided by the Academic Council on the recommendations of the respective Board of Studies) at the Master’s degree level (M.Tech/M.E., MBA, MCA, M.A, M.Sc., etc. other than M.Phil) from a recognized University:
- Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. coursework with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree Shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade/CGPA under 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 above may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates without including the grace mark procedures as per the decision of the Commission from time to time
- The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test conducted at the level of the University. The candidates who have already qualified M.Phil comprising course work after seeking admission through Entrance Test or have qualified UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE or those who have been awarded Teacher Fellowship by the UGC or any other Regulating Councils for carrying on research leading to the Ph.D. Programme shall be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test
- Every year the Departments/Institutes of the University shall decide through their academic bodies (Departmental Research Committee) a predetermined and manageable number of Ph.D. scholars to be admitted depending on the number of available Research Supervisors; required infrastructure; research promotion facilities; research labs, library and availability of such other academic and physical facilities keeping in mind the norms regarding the scholar-teacher ratio as referred to in clause 7.5 hereunder.
- The admissions shall be made on the basis of the criteria notified by the University keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and other statutory bodies concerned and taking into account the reservation policy of the Govt. from time to time as applicable in the case of the Self Financing institutions.
- A limited number of Fellowships of Rs.18000/- P.M with Contingency upto Rs.6,000/- per annum are available in the subjects other than the subjects of the Faculties of Medical Sciences & Dental Sciences and some of the selected candidates may also be considered for the award of Fellowship on their merit and research aptitude
- The continuation of the Fellowship and utilization of the amount of Contingency will be made as per guidelines framed by the University from time to time and subject to satisfactory progress report.
Admission & Evaluation Fee
- Admission Fees, Annual Fee, Evaluation Fee, etc. to be paid by the candidates shall be as prescribed by the University from time to time
- In case any candidate does not pay his/her dues in time, his/her registration/enrolment shall be cancelled without any further notice
- Prospectus containing Application Form and other details including No. of seats in each of the disciplines can be obtained from the counter of the University on payment of Rs.1000/- or can be downloaded from the website of the University in which case a Bank Draft of equivalent amount drawn in the name of MM University will have to be enclosed with the application
- For further, more information visits at the website www.mmumullana.org
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 04th September 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 07th September 2019 (Sunday) at 11.00 AM
- Those exempted from Entrance Test will also have to appear for an interview on the same date
MMU Mullana-Ambala (Haryana)
Maharishi Markandeshwar University (MMU), Mullana-Ambala (Haryana), (Deemed University est. u/s-3 of the UGC Act, 1956), Phone No.: 01731-2744758, Fax-274375, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.mmumullana.org
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India