Maharishi Markandeshwar University Announces Doctor of Philosophy Program Admission 2021-22, Apply now
Maharishi Markandeshwar University PhD Admission 2021 – Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Ambala Haryana invites applications for admission to its Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2021-22.
Read further for more details on Maharishi Markandeshwar University PhD Admission 2021.
PhD Program Disciplines
- Ph.D. Programme is available in the following disciplines with No. of seats as indicated against each:
- Technical Stream: Biotechnology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Sc. & Engineering, Food Technology, Electronics & Comm. Engg, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, English, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Physics, Computer Science Application & Law
- Medical Stream: Biochemistry; Anatomy; Pharmacology; Physiology
- Dental Stream: Public Health Dentistry
- Nursing Stream: Nursing
Maharishi Markandeshwar University PhD Admission Dates 2021
- Last Date for submission of Online application : 02nd December 2021
- Date of Entrance Test : 04th December 2021 at 11.00 am
Maharishi Markandeshwar University PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- A candidate for admission to the PhD Program must have obtained any of the following academic qualifications in the discipline of research or a subject allied thereto (the alliance to be decided by the Academic Council on the recommendations of the respective Board of Studies) at the Master’s degree level (M.Tech/M.E., MBA, MCA, M.A, M.Sc., etc. other than M.Phil) from a recognized University:
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. coursework with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree Shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade/CGPA under eligibility above may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates without including the grace mark procedures as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
Maharishi Markandeshwar University PhD Admission Application Process 2021
- Eligible Candidates can apply through the official website https://www.mmumullana.org/
- Application form can also be downloaded from the website https://www.mmumullana.org/
- Prospectus containing Application Form and other details including No. of seats in each of the disciplines can be obtained from the counter of the University on payment of Rs.1000/- or can be downloaded from the website of the University in which case a Bank Draft of equivalent amount drawn in the name of MM University will have to be enclosed with the application
- The filled in Application Form along with the attested copies of testimonials which make the candidate eligible for admission to the Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) programme must reach the Deputy Registrar (Academic), MM (Deemed to be University), Mullana-Ambala, 133-207, on or before 02 December 2021.
- Application Fee: Rs. 1000/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking & Offline through Demand Draft
- The selection of the candidates for Admission to the Ph.D programme will be made on the basis of merit of the Online Entrance Test to be conducted by the MM (DU) followed by interview by the respective Departmental Research Committee in Online mode.
- Those who have qualified UGC/CSIR NET in respective disciplines (other than Medical/Dental/ Nursing streams) or NET from Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board for admission to Ph.D in Agriculture or M.Tech with GATE for seeking admission to Ph.D programme, will not be required to appear in the Entrance Test and will be considered for admission on the basis of their academic merit followed by interview which will also expose the candidates about their depth in the subject, research aptitude, area of research, suitability, etc.
- The Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) also offers Research Fellowship of Rs.18,000/- P.M. with Contingency Grant upto Rs.6,000/- per year to the Scholars enrolled for Ph.D. in various disciplines (other than those of medical streams i.e. medical/dental/nursing) .
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website