MITID DAT 2020 MITID Design Aptitude Test, Dates, Eligibility, Application
MAEER's MIT Institute of Design announces Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2020
MITID DAT 2020 – MAEER’s MIT Institute of Design invites application for admission to the UG & PG Programmes with the following specialization through Design Aptitude Test (DAT-2020) for the academic year 2020-21.
Admission in UG and PG Courses will be granted on the basis of MITID DAT 2020 and Studio Test and Interview round performance. The DAT is due to be held on 05th April 2020, and the interested candidates may apply online.
Candidates may check more details about MIT Institute of Design (MITID), Pune and MIT Admission 2020 from this page below.
Also See : Admission Notifications
Programs at MITID Pune
- MIT Institute of Design is a constituent of MIT Art Design & Technology University (Established by Govt. of Maharashtra by MIT ADT University Act No. XXXIX of 2015)
- The University is under final compliance process, on completion of the compliance process and final approval the Institute will announce B. Des and M. Des Programs.
MITID Offers B Des and M Des Programs in
- Product Design
- Transportation Design
- Interior Space & Furniture Design
- Retail Design
- User Experience Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation Film Design
- Film & Video Design
- Game Design (only for B.Des)
- Immersive Media Design (only for M.Des)
- Transcultural Design (only for M.Des)
- B.Des Fashion Design
- B.Des Fashion Communication
- M.Des Design Management
- M.Des Fashion Management & Marketing
- Collaborative Twinning Programs
Bachelors Programs (2+2 years)
- BA (Hons) Design for Industry (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Transportation Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) 3D Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BSc (Hons) Product Design and Technology ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Design Engineering ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
Seat Intake in MIT Institute
- B. Des Programme: 200 seats
- B. Des Fashion programmes: 60 seats
- M. Des Programme: 150 seats
- Intake for NRI, PIO, OCI & International students will be maximum 10 % over and above regular intake
- Rules of reservations apply as per the prevalent Government of Maharashtra directives.
MITID DAT 2020 Important Dates
- Applications Open: 10th September 2019
- Last Date of application: 29th February 2020
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT): 5th April 2020
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Results: 20th April 2020
Studio Test & Interview
- B.Des: 4th May to 9th May 2020
- B.Des Fashion: 11th May to 14th May 2020
- M.Des DM & FMM: 15th & 16th May 2020
- M.Des: 18th to 22nd May 2020
Studio Test & Interview
- B.Des Final List: 11th May 2020
- B.Des Fashion: 15th May 2020
- All M.Des: 23rd May 2020
Eligibility Criteria for MITID DAT 2020
Bachelor of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters)
- The basic eligibility for admissions in the Bachelor of Design is 10+2 from any stream, (State Boards AISSCE/ IB/ ISC) the students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test & personal interview.
Master of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters)
- The basic eligibility for admissions in the Post Graduate Diploma Programme is Graduate or its equivalent (10+2+3 minimum), the students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test and personal interview
- Admission is on the basis of MITID method of selection, which extends beyond the students previous academic qualifications.
- The MITID Admission Committee systematically seeks evidence of the perception, attitude, aptitude, achievement and motivation essential for a challenging and satisfying design career.
- The objective of the tests and the interviews is to ascertain the above qualities.
- The Admission Process is in Two Phases:
- Phase - 1: DAT (Design Aptitude Test) conducted at various centres across the country. MITID reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centres. Based on scores obtained from DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for second phase.
- Phase – 2: Studio Test and Personal Interview at MITID campus in Pune. The second phase of the admission procedure will consist of studio tests followed by personal interviews at Institute in Pune. The list of shortlisted candidates for the Second Phase will be announced on MITID website.
- No separate call letters will be sent to the shortlisted candidates. All those candidates called for the second phase are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection. The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades and weightage every year.
MITID DAT Exam Centers
- Design Aptitude Test will be conducted on 5th april 2020 in following Cities.
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin (Kochi), Delhi, Nagpur, Jaipur, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, Indore, Mumbai, and Pune
MITID DAT 2020 Application Process
- Application Forms will be available in the 29th February 2020 on the website www.mitid.edu.in
- The candidate has to fill the online application form available on the website and submit a duly filled hard copy of the form at the institute address mentioned below preferably along with all applicable self-attested documents & Demand Draft of Rs.3000 for Indian applicants and Rs.4500 for NRI, PIO, CIO & Foreign Nationals in favour of "MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design" drawn on Pune branch as fees for Design Aptitude Test or Online Payment through Net Banking /Credit Card/Debit Card
Registration for DAT (Design Aptitude Test)
- Step 1: Register for DAT (www.dat.net.in)
- Step 2: An automated verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
- Step 3: Provide the required details in the application form.
- Step 4: Accept the declaration and submit the online application form.
- Step 5: Proceed to payment option and pay Rs. 3000 for Indian applicants and Rs. 4500 for NRI, PIO, OCI & Foreign Nationals
- Step 6: On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, Admit card will be generated and sent to candidates registered email id.
- Candidates can also download the Admit Card by login to his/her profile on DAT portal.
- Applications are invited through online mode only
- The Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is conducted jointly by MIT Institute of Design Pune & Avantika University Ujjain.
- Online Payment through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card
- Demand Draft in favour of MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design, Payable at Pune
MIT Institute of Design
"Rajbaug", Loni –Kalbhor, Next to Hadapsar, Pune Solapur Highway, Pune-412201. INDIA, Phone No: 9209 800 600, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.mitid.edu.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!