MITID DAT 2019 - MITID Design Aptitude Test
MAEER's MIT Institute of Design announces Design Aptitude Test 2019
MITID DAT 2019 - MAEER's MIT Institute of Design invites application for admission to the UG & PG Programmes with the following specialization through Design Aptitude Test (DAT-2019) for the academic year 2019-20
Admission in UG and PG Courses will be granted on the basis of MITID DAT 2019 and Studio Test and Interview round performance. The DAT is due to be held on 07th April 2019, and the interested candidates may apply online.
Candidates may check more details about MIT Institute of Design (MITID), Pune and MIT Admission 2019 from this page below.
Programs at MITID Pune
- MIT Institute of Design is a constituent of MIT Art Design & Technology University (Established by Govt. of Maharashtra by MIT ADT University Act No. XXXIX of 2015)
- The University is under final compliance process, on completion of the compliance process and final approval the Institute will announce B. Des and M. Des Programs.
Also See : Admission Notifications 2018
MITID Offers B Des and M Des Programs in
- Product Design
- Transportation Design
- Interior Space & Furniture Design
- Retail Design
- User Experience Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation Film Design
- Film & Video Design
- Game Design (only for B.Des)
- Immersive Media Design (only for M.Des)
- Transcultural Design (only for M.Des)
- B.Des Fashion Design
- B.Des Fashion Communication
- M.Des Design Management
- M.Des Fashion Management & Marketing
- ****Collaborative Twinning Programs
Bachelors Programs (2+2 years)
- BA (Hons) Design for Industry (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Transportation Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) 3D Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BSc (Hons) Product Design and Technology (In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Design Engineering (In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
Seat Intake in MIT Institute
- B. Des Program: 200 Seats
- B. Des Fashion Programs - 60 Seats
- M. Des Fashion Design: 120 Seats
- M. Des Fashion Management & Marketing: 15 Seats
- BA (Hons) Fashion Programs: 60 Seats
- MBA Fashion Management & Marketing: 15 Seats
Total Seats - 410 Seats
- Intake for NRI, PIO, OCI & International students will be maximum 10% over and above of regular intake
- Rules of reservations apply as per the prevalent Govt. of Maharashtra directives
Important Dates for MITID DAT 2019
- Last Date to submit the Application Form: 28th February 2019
- MITID DAT 2019 will be held on 07th April 2019
- Announced of Result: 22nd April 2019
- Studio Test and Interview for B.Des: 13th to 18th May 2019
- Release for B.Des Final Merit List: 20th May 2019
- Studio Test and Interview for M.Des: 24th to 28th May 2019
- Released for M.Des Final Merit List: 29th May 2019
Bachelor of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters)
- The basic eligibility for admissions in the Graduate Diploma Program is 10+2 from any stream, (State Boards AISSCE/IB/ISC) the students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test and personal interview.
Master of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters)
- The basic eligibility for admissions in the Post Graduate Diploma Programme is Graduate or its equivalent (10+2+3 minimum), the students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test and personal interview
- Admission is on the basis of MITID method of selection, which extends beyond the student’s previous academic qualifications
- The MITID Admission Committee systematically seeks evidence of the perception, attitude, aptitude, achievement and motivation essential for a challenging and satisfying design career
- The objective of the tests and the interviews is to ascertain the above qualities
The Admission Process is in Two Phases:
- Phase-1: MITID-DAT (Design Aptitude Test) conducted at various centres across the country. MITID reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centres. Based on scores obtained from MITID-DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for second phase.
- Phase-2: Studio Test and Personal Interview at MITID campus in Pune. The second phase of the admission procedure will consist of studio tests followed by personal interviews at Institute in Pune. The list of shortlisted candidates for the Second Phase will be announced on MITID website.
- No separate call letters will be sent to the shortlisted candidates. All those candidates called for the second phase are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection.
- The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades and weightage every year.
MITID DAT Exam Centers 2019
- The Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be held in following centers: Nagpur, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, Goa, Indore, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Bhopal, Chennai, Pune, and Delhi.
Application Form for MITID DAT 2019
- Application Forms will be available in the 28th February 2019 on the website www.mitid.edu.in
- The candidate has to fill the online application form available on the website and submit a duly filled hard copy of the form at the institute address mentioned below preferably by speed post before due date along with all applicable self-attested documents & Demand Draft of Rs.3360/- (Rs.3000 +12% GST) for Indian applicants and Rs.5040/- (Rs.4500 + 12% GST) for NRI, PIO, CIO & Foreign Nationals in favour of "MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design" drawn on Pune branch as fees for Design Aptitude Test or Online Payment through Net Banking /Credit Card/Debit Card
- The Design Aptitude test fees can also be paid online while filling up of the form; the incomplete application forms/not satisfying eligibility criteria will be rejected. The Design Aptitude test fees can also be paid online while filling up of the form
- MITID DAT Application Fee - Candidates can pay the application fee either in the online mode or by issuing a demand draft in favour of MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design.
- Indian Nationals - Rs 36,60/-(Rs.3000 +12% GST)
- NRI, PIO, CIO, & Foreign National - Rs 5040/- (Rs.4500 + 12% GST)
- Step 1:Online Payment through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Demand Draft in favour of MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design
- Candidate has to write their names behind the demand draft & sent it to following address Admission Cell, MIT Institute of Design, Rajbaug, Loni Kalbhor, Pune Solapur Highway, Pune-412201
- On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, admit card will be generated and sent to candidates registered email id
- Candidates can also download the Admit Card by login to his/her profile on DAT portal
- Step 2: Get MITID DAT Admit Card
- After the application form is successfully submitted, candidates will receive MITID DAT 2019 admit card on their registered email IDs.
- MITID DAT Admit card contains details such as the name and roll number of the candidate as well as the date, time, and allotted centre for the design entrance exam.
- Step 3: Appear for MITID DAT
- After getting the admit card, candidates need to appear for the exam at the allotted MITID-DAT exam centre. MITID DAT contains questions on subjects such as Drawing and Sketching, General Knowledge, and Logical Reasoning.
MAEER's MIT Institute of Design
A constituent of MIT Art Design & Technology, University (Established by Govt. of Maharashtra by MIT ADT University Act No.: XXXIX of 2015), "Rajbaug", Loni - Kalbhor, Next to Hadapsar, Pune Solapur Highway, Pune-412201, Phone No: +91-20-30693695/96/97, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.mitid.edu.in