Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Admission 2021 Application Form, Courses
Indian Statistical Institute announces Admission to UG and PG Courses for session 2021-22
Indian Statistical Institute Admission 2021 - Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata has invited applications for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes through the Admission test for the academic session 2021-22
Candidates seeking admission to various courses at Indian Statistical Institute can apply for the ISI Kolkata Admission Test 2021. Read further for eligibility, exam pattern, and application procedure.
- The following courses are offered at ISI Kolkata, ISI Delhi, ISI Chennai, ISI Bangalore, ISI Hyderabad, ISI Tezpur, ISI Giridih
- a) B Stat (Hons), B Math (Hons), M Stat, M Math, MS (QE), MS (QMS), MS (LIS), M Tech (CS), M Tech (QROR)
- b) PG Diplomas and Research Fellowships
- c) JRF
Indian Statistical Institute Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online Application Starts :- 03rd May 2021
- Online Application Ends :- 01st June 2021
- Payment of Application Fee Starts :- 05th May 2021
- Payment of Application Fee Ends :- 05th June 2021
- ISI Admission Test (JRF in Statistics) :- 11th July 2021
- ISI Admission Test (Except JRF in Statistics) :- 8th July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Statistical Institute Admission 2021
Candidate applying for admission into ISI must fulfil the given below eligibility criteria:
Eligibility For UG Courses :
B. Stat (Hons) / B. Math (Hons.) -
- Candidate must have completed his/her 12th level from a recognized board/university.
- Candidates must have passed 12th level with Mathematics and English subjects.
- Students appearing in their 12th level can also apply.
Eligibility For PG Courses :
- M.Stat. - Passed three-year Bachelor’s degree or BE/B. Tech degree with Statistics as a subject or B. Math degree from ISI or postgraduate diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI.
- M.Math. - Must possess a three-year Bachelor’s degree or BE/B. Tech degree with Mathematics as a subject or B. Stat from ISI.
- MS (QE) - Must have passed a three-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and have passed 12th standard exam with Mathematics as a subject.
- M.Tech (CS) - Must possess BE or B. Tech degree or master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Electronic Science/Computer Application/ Computer Science/ Information Technology or its equivalent.
Eligibility For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) :
- Statistics: An applicant must have an M Stat degree from ISI or an MA / M Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics.
- Mathematics : An applicant must have an M Stat / M Math degree from ISI, or an MA / M Sc or equivalent degree in Mathematics OR ME / M Tech degree or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject.
- Quantitative Economics: An applicant must have a Master's degree in any discipline with Economics / Mathematics / Statistics as a subject at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Computer Science: An applicant must have an ME / M Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics / Telecommunication / Radio Physics / Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Microwave Communications / Information Technology / Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics as a subject at the undergraduate or postgraduate level or an M Sc/ MCA / MA
- Quality, Reliability & Operations Research: An applicant must have an M Tech / ME / MS / M Phil or equivalent degree in Quality / Reliability/ Operations Research, or an M Stat / M Sc / MA or equivalent degree in Mathematics / Statistics /Physics with Mathematics as a subject at the graduate level.
- Physics and Applied Mathematics : M. Sc. in Physics or an M Sc degree in Mathematics or equivalent (Offered at Kolkata)
- Geology : M. Sc. in Geology or equivalent with minimum 55% marks (Offered at Kolkata)
- Biological Science : (i) an M.Sc. (Ag) in Agronomy/ Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science/ Entomology / Plant Pathology/ Nematology / Plant Nematology or (ii) an M.Sc. in Environmental Science/ Agricultural Biotechnology or (iii) an M Sc in Zoology with specialization in Nematology. (Offered at Kolkata)
- Library and Information Science : MS (LIS) awarded by ISI or Associateship in Documentation and Information Science (ADIS, awarded by ISI or NISCAIR / INSDOC) or its equivalent degree (such as Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from any Indian / Foreign University). (Offered at Bengaluru).
Indian Statistical Institute Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.isical.ac.in/
- An applicant must have access to the Internet, an email account, acrobat reader and need to have a digital copy of his/her photo and signature in appropriate format and size.
- Candidates from outside India may send an email to email@example.com with the subject Admission 2021 for the application procedure.
- Applicants should read carefully the Prospectus and the instructions given on the website before filling in the application form.
- All Male applicants in the Unreserved (General) Category : Rs.1250/-
- All Female applicants in the unreserved (General) Category : Rs.750/-
- Reserved (OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD) Category : Rs.625/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Credit/Debit Card /Net Banking / Challan or Cash
- ISI Admission Test 2021 Admit Card will be released in the second week of June 2021 on the official website. The candidate needs to carry the admit card in the exam hall to be eligible to appear in the exam. The admit card mentions the details regarding the exam timing, exam center, and Registration number of the candidate.
- The selection of candidates is based on merit as judged by their performance in Written Tests and interviews.
Note - Past academic records may also be taken into consideration.
ISI Admission Test 2021 Test Pattern
- Mode of Exam :- Offline mode
- Session :- There are two sessions - 1) Forenoon session (MCQ) and 2) Afternoon session (Descriptive type)
- Marking Scheme:- For the correct answer, 1 mark is awarded and for no or incorrect answer 0 marks is awarded.
Types of Questions :
- (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) - There are a total of 30 questions in the exam.
- (ii) Descriptive Type - In this candidates have to write the answers.
ISI Admission Test 2021 Syllabus
- ISI 2021 Syllabus will be different as per the courses selected by the candidates. The syllabus for UG courses will be based on 10th & 12th classes. Questions will be asked from various topics from the Mathematics subject.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website