ISM Dhanbad Junior Research Fellowship Admission 2019
Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad announces Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Admission 2019
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2019 - Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad has notification to admission in Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to the deserving and eligible candidates qualified through national level tests and thus providing many opportunities for carrying out research leading toPhD Degree for the academic year 2019.
List of Disciplines /Code
- Engineering Streams: Chemical Engineering (CHE), Computer Science & Engg (CSE), Civil Engineering (CVL), Electronics Engineering (ECE), Environmental Science & Engg (ESE), Fuel Engg (FLE), Industrial Engg & Management (IEM), Mechanical Engg (MEC), Mineral Engg (MLE), Mining Machinery Engg (MME), Mining Engg (MNE), Petroleum Engg (PET), Electrical Engg (ELE)
- Science/Management/HSS Streams: Applied Geology (AGL), Applied Geophysics (AGP), Chemistry (CHY), English Language/Literature (ENG), Environmental Science (ENS), Management (MAN), Mathematics (MAT), Philosophy (PLY), Physics (PHY), Statistics (STA), Sociology (SOC)
Eligibility Criteria for ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2019
For the admission in Science, Engineering and Management disciplines:
- An applicant must have a Masters degree in the relevant subject with first class/division or a minimum of 60 % marks/CGPA of 6.5 (on a 10-point scale), OR
- An applicant must have a Bachelors degree in Engineering with a minimum of 70% marks/CGPA of 7.5 (on a 10 point scale)
Note: Bachelor's degree in Engineering means regular full time Bachelors degree. A candidate with AMIE or similar degree is not eligible for admission.
- Chemical Engg: M.Tech/B.Tech/B.E in Chemical Engineering with specialization in Petroleum, Petrochemical, Environmental, Polymer Technology, Fuel & Energy or M Sc Chemistry with Mathematics at B Sc level with minimum
- Computer Science & Engg.: M.Tech and/or B.Tech or equivalent in Computer Science & Engg/IT/Electronics Engg/Electronics and Communication Engg/ Electrical Engg/Computer Application
- Civil Engg.: B.Tech in Civil Engg/M.Tech in Civil Engg with specialization in Structural/Geotechnical/Water Resources /Environmental/Transportation Engg
- Electronics Engg.: M.Tech/B.Tech or Equivalent in Electronics and Communication Engg/Electronics & Instrumentation Engg
- Environmental Science & Engg: M.Tech/ B.Tech or equivalent in Agriculture/Biotechnology/Civil/Chemical/Environmental/Mechanical/Mining/Mineral/Petroleum/Material Science/Textile/Leather Technology/Water Resource Engg/Environmental Science & Engg
- Fuel Engg.: M.Tech/B.Tech or equivalent in Mineral/Fuel/Chemical/Metallurgical/Mining Engg.; B.Tech Mechanical Engg with M.Tech in Fuel Engg
- Industrial Engg & Mgmt.: Postgraduate/Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engg & Management/Industrial Engg/Production Engineering/Mechanical Engg /Electrical Engg/Civil Engg or equivalent
- Electrical Engg.: M.Tech. or equivalent in Electrical Engg. / Control System Engg. / Power System Engg. / Electrical Machines / Power Electronics and Drives / High Voltage Engg. / Instrumentation Engg. / Power Apparatus & Devices / Electronics With B.Tech or equivalent in Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Engg
- Mechanical Engg.: M.Tech/B.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical/Production/CAD-CAM/Thermal /Mechatronics/Energy /Power Plant/Industrial /Manufacturing/Automobile/Mining Machinery Engg/ Maintenance Engg & Tribology
- Mineral Engg.: M.Tech/B.Tech or equivalent in Mineral/Chemical/Metallurgical/Mining Engg; B.Tech Mechanical Engg with M.Tech in Mineral Engg
- Mining Machinery Engg.: B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Mining Machinery Engg with M.Tech in Mining Machinery/Mechanical/Electrical Engg Specialisation: Machine Design/ CAD/ Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Machines/Maintenance Engg & Tribology/Automobile Engineering/Electrical Machines/Power Electronics & Drives/Instrumentation & Control
- Mining Engg.: M.Tech or equivalent in Mining Engg/Opencast Mining/Mine Planning & Design/Rock Excavation Engg/Geomatics/Underground Space Technology/Rock Mechanics/Civil Engg/Engg Geology; B.Tech or equivalent in Mining Engg/Civil Engg/Opencast Mining/Mining Machinery/Environmental Engg.; M.Sc Tech (Applied Geology); M.Sc (Geospatial Science)
- Petroleum Engg.: M.Tech/B.Tech or equivalent in Petroleum Engg/Petroleum Management; M.Tech in Petrochemical/Chemical/Mechanical Engg/ M.Sc in Chemistry
- # Equivalence degrees for B.Tech will be BE/B.Sc Engg (4 years) and for M.Tech will be ME/M.Sc Engg
Science/Management/Humanities and Social Sciences Streams:
- Applied Geology: M.Sc/M.Sc Tech in Geology/Applied Geology or M.Sc/M.Sc Tech in Geology/ Applied Geology with specialisation in Marine Geology/Oceanography/Hydrogeology/Geochemistry/ Applied Geochemistry/Environmental Science/Geoinformatics/Natural Hazards & Disaster Risk Mgmt/Remote Sensing and GIS/Geophysics/Petroleum Geosciences; or
- Applied Geophysics: M.Sc/ M.Sc Tech/Integrated M.Sc/Integrated M.Sc Tech in Applied Geophysics/Exploration Geophysics/ Geophysics or M.Sc Tech in Marine Geophysics or M.Tech in Geophysical Technology or M.Tech (Petroleum Exploration)
- Chemistry: M.Tech/ M.Phil/M.Sc or equivalent in Chemistry /Applied Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry
- English Language/ Literature: M.A/M.Sc/M.Litt/M.Phil or equivalent in English Language & Literature/Applied Linguistics & Language Teaching/English Language Teaching
- Environmental Sci.: M.Phil/M.Sc/M.Sc Tech or equivalent in Atmospheric Science/Botany/Zoology/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Environmental Science/Environmental Science & Management/Geology/Hydrology/Statistics/Soil Science/Remote sensing and GIS/Forestry
- Management: MBA Degree/PG Degree or Diploma recognized as equivalent to Postgraduate in Management by AICTE/UGC/AIU/Postgraduate Degree in Economics/Commerce/Psychology/Professional qualifications like CA/CS/ICWA/Postgraduate Degree in Industrial Engg & Mgmt/Industrial Mgmt/ Industrial Engg/Production Engg
- Mathematics: M.Phil/ M.Tech/M.Sc or equivalent in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Mathematics & Computing
- Philosophy: MA/M.Sc/M.Com/MBA or equivalent degree or Master’s in Engg/Technology or equivalent degree or MA/M.Phil in Philosophy or equivalent
- Physics: M.Sc/Integrated M.Sc/M.Phil or equivalent in Physics/Applied Physics or B.Tech/M.Tech/Integrated M.Tech or equivalent in Engg Physics/Material Science/Nano-science & Technology/Optoelectronics or equivalent
- Statistics: M.Phil/M.Sc or equivalent in Statistics/Applied Statistics
- Sociology: M.Phil. / M. A. in Sociology or equivalent degree.
- Age limit for various categories as on the last date of online application (09.06.2019) are:
- For male candidate (General category): 30 years
- For male candidates Other categories
- (OBC, PC, SC & ST) : 35 years
- For female candidates (All categories) : 35 years
- Age relaxation, as above, will be allowed for candidates with valid documents. The original documents will be scrutinized prior to interview and, if found incorrect/insufficient, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Reservation for EWS/PC/OBC/SC/ST candidates will be as per GOI directive/guidelines.
- There shall be horizontal reservation of 5% of the sanctioned strength, across all categories, for applicants belonging to persons with disabilities (PwD)
M.Tech/ M.Phil/ MBA/B.Tech/M.Sc Tech/M.Sc:
- First 2 years: Rs. 31000/-
- For 3rd,4th and 5th year; 35000/-
- A contingency grant of INR 30000.00 per annum is allowed with prior approval from Guide and Head of the Department. The work performance of the research scholars would be assessed as per the Institute rules. The IA may be withdrawn/withheld/discontinued at any time, if the performance is found to be unsatisfactory.
- Fee payable at the time of admission: Rs. 40000/-
- Yearly hostel mess fee: Rs. 15000/-
- The selection of respective research scholars depends on the number of vacancies and performance of the candidate. The department will adopt screening test (if required) and interview for the selection of research scholars. The list of short-listed candidates for the interview will be displayed on the notice board of the respective department or IIT(ISM) website on the same date of Ph.D. Admission 2019-20 examination. The medium of examination will be English. The syllabus for the screening test is given in Section 4.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance of the candidate in the INTERVIEW ONLY.
- All candidates short-listed for the interview have to appear for personal interview on scheduled date (02.07.2019) at IIT(ISM), Dhanbad. No separate communication will be sent to these candidates.
- The short-listed candidates are required to bring all the necessary documents, especially the following while coming for interview:
- A print out of your REGISTRATION SLIP (filled application form).
- One self attested copy of all the supporting documents.
- All necessary documents IN ORIGINAL in support of their claim as given in the application form, especially the ones mentioned below:
i. Age proof.
ii. Educational qualifications.
iii. Eligibility of qualifying examination.
iv. Proof of FIRST CLASS/the minimum prescribed percentage or grade point average as stipulated in Section 3.4.
v. Proof for category [EWS/OBC/SC/ST/PC].
vi. Valid OBC certificate by the competent authority preferably in the format as per the Central Educational Institutions (CEIs) under GOI given in Annexure I of Information Brochure for Ph.D. Admission 2019-20, issued on or after 1st August, 2018.
vii. For PC candidates, proof of the same along with certificate of their respective category.
viii. GATE certificate
ix. NET certificate for NET candidates.
- The short-listed candidates will be interviewed only if they are eligible after the verification of their original documents. Those who do not possess the required documents during scrutiny, will not be interviewed and their candidature will be cancelled. No further communication will be sent to the candidate.
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2019 Application Process
- Interested candidates should register their names using valid email id and phone number and submit their application online from 09.05.2019 to 09.06.2019. Details on application along with information brochure containing eligibility criteria may be downloaded from the IIT(ISM) website: https://www.iitism.ac.in/admissions.php from 09.05.2019 onwards. Application fee of Rs. 1000/-
- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PC/Female candidates) for the Ph.D. selection is to be paid online, by the available mode of payment supported. The candidates will be guided through the application process while registration and online application. It is advised to read the on-screen instructions very carefully while filling online application. The candidates are advised to take utmost care while filling and NOT to give any false information or conceal any information. If the claim by the candidate is found to be WRONG at any stage of Ph.D. selection process, their candidature will be cancelled and no communication in this regard will be made. Candidates will be responsible for any kind of mistake occurred during the filling and consequent submission of online application. For any other queries, please feel free to contact Ph.D. Admission office through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Gen/ OBC/EWS: Rs 1000/-
- For SC/ST/PC/Female candidate: Rs. 500/-
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Commencement of online application: May 09 2019
- Last date for submitting application online: June 09 2019
- Entrance examination at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, if desired by department: 01st July 2019
- Hosting the list of shortlisted candidates for interview: 01st July 2019
- Interview for qualified candidate: 02nd July 2019
- Declaration of result of merit list: 12th July 2019
- Admission and joining of the merit list candidate: 01st August 2019
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India