Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) announces Entrance Exam for PhD Admission 2019
IARI PhD Entrance Exam 2019 – IARI New Delhi has released notification of IARI PhD Entrance Exam 2019 for admission into Ph.D. Program for the academic year 2019-20.
Candidates can check the complete information of IARI Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, reservation policy, selection process etc through this page below.
See: PHD Admissions
The PhD Program
- PhD Programs in the various disciplines of Agriculture Sciences at IARI, New Delhi and discipline of Agricultural Engineering at CIAE, Bhopal and disciplines of Horticulture and Post-Harvest Technology at IIHR, Bengaluru.
IARI PhD Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 22nd April 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Application through Proper channel & documents submission for online Application Form: 29th April 2019
- Download Admit Card: 10th May to 24th May 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 26th May 2019
- Download Interview Letter: 22nd June to 30th June 2019
- Date of Interview: 01st July 2019
- Announcement of Result: 06th July 2019
- Download Final Selection Letter: 15th – 26th July 2019
Number of Seats
- The candidates are advised to refer the scheme of exam very carefully. In fact, the schemes like Faculty Upgradation, ICAR-In Service and Departmental (Scientism/Technical) are meant for in service candidates working in SAUs/ICAR research Institutes
- The discipline wise details of seats for PhD to be filled at IARI, New Delhi, and for IARI PG outreach program at ICAR-CIAE, Bhopal
- Agricultural Chemicals; Agricultural Economics; Agricultural Engineering; Agricultural Extension; Agricultural Physics; Agricultural Statistics; Agronomy; Biochemistry; Bioinformatics; Computer Application; Entomology; Environmental Sciences; Floriculture & Landscape Architecture; Fruit Science; Genetics & Plant Breeding; Microbiology; Molecular Biology & Biotechnology; Nematology; Plant Genetic Resources; Plant Pathology; Plant Physiology; Post Harvest Technology; Seed Science & Technology; Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry; Vegetable Science; Water Science & Technology
- Total Seats – 172 [Gen – 87, OBC – 46, SC – 26, ST – 13, PC – 05]
Eligibility Criteria for IARI PhD Entrance Exam 2019
- Essential Qualification for Admission: Only those candidates who had their Bachelor’s Degree Programmes under 10+2+4 OR 10+2+3 OR 10+1+4 system (OR awarded B.Sc. degree under 10+2+2 system prior to 1985) and fulfill the qualifications as prescribed in this bulletin are eligible to apply for admission
- For General/OBC Candidates: At least 60% marks OR an overall grade point average (OGPA) of 7.50 out of 10.00 OR 3.75 out of 5.00 OR 3.00 out of 4.00 OR 2.25 out of 3.00 in M.Sc/M.Sc (Ag.)/M.Tech/M.E
- For SC/ST/PC Candidates: At least 55% marks OR OGPA of 7.00 out of 10.00 OR 3.50 out of 5.00 OR 2.80 out of 4.00 OR 2.10 out of 3.00 in M.Sc / M.Sc (Ag.)/M. Tech/M.E
- In case of the universities where OGPA is awarded with equivalence of percentage marks, only OGPA will be considered for determining the eligibility qualification for appearing in the entrance exam; the percentage of marks shall be considered only for candidates coming from universities that do not award grades
- Note: Candidates who appear at the Master’s Degree final year Examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply and appear in written entrance exam provisionally for PhD program.
- However, they will have to submit documentary evidence of their eligibility on or before 30th June 2019 failing which they shall not be considered for Interview.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 21 years as on 31st July 2019. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
- Essential Qualifications: Same as given under Open Scheme
- Not more than three candidates sponsored by any university shall be admitted in any one year under this stream
- The candidates sponsored under this scheme should be regular employees of the university and should be likely to continue in service after obtaining the training; the candidates should be sponsored on deputation terms entitling them to full salary and allowances; no fellowship shall be awarded to them by the IARI.
- The words “Sponsored for admission under Faculty Up Gradation Scheme” should be clearly inscribed on the application form and on the forwarding letter.
Admission under Departmental Quota:
- This scheme of admission is meant for Scientific and Technical staff working at IARI/IASRI/NBPGR/ NRCPB/ DMR/ NCIPM/NCAP; separate circular is issued by the PG School in this regard.
- 15% of the total number of seats is reserved for SC – 07% & 1½ (a-half percent) for ST candidates subject to their being otherwise suitable.
- An identical procedure as above will be followed in the case of Scheduled Tribes reservations also. After these two exercises, if any seat(s) still remain(s) unfilled in the SC/ST categories respectively, such unfilled SC/ST seat(s) shall be transferred to Scheduled Tribes/Scheduled Castes category and filled up by the available eligible candidate(s) in the concerned category.
- Under no circumstances, the SC/ST seats shall be transferable from M.Sc. to PhD Program and vice-versa; the SC/ST candidates who are selected for admission on the basis of merit may not be counted against the reserved quota and there is no maximum limit on the admission of the candidates belonging to the two categories.
- 18% of the total number of seats is reserved for other backward classes candidates subject to their being otherwise suitable as per the norms of ICAR/Govt. of India.
Selection Process for IARI PhD Admission 2019
- Academic Attainments (Record) – Weightage for academic attainments (High School to a terminal degree) would be 10%.
Entrance Exam Scheme
- The weightage for entrance examination is 80%
- The candidates will have to appear for Entrance Exam consisting of one paper of three parts: Part-I (General Agriculture) and Part-II & III (Subject Paper)
- The minimum qualifying mark for appearing in the interview is 50% for General/OBC, 45% for SC/ST/PC/CWSF candidates
- Total marks (percentile) would be considered for the preparation of merit
- The highest mark scored by the candidates within each discipline will be considered as the maximum mark (=100%) for calculating the % mark within that discipline.
IARI PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Information Bulletin can be viewed from the Institute website https://www.iari.res.in. Candidates are required to submit their application form Online only. For instructions please refer page 24 of this Information Bulletin.
- A candidate who has already been awarded PhD degree from IARI or any other university/Institute shall not be allowed for entrance exam for the same degree.
- Candidates who are appearing in the master’s Degree Exam in 2019 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the entrance exam, but they will have to submit documentary evidence (including mark sheet for M.Sc./M Tech. exam) of their eligibility latest by 01st April 2019
- Candidates who are in employment are required to take printout of their application form submitted online and send it through proper channel to the Registrar, Post Graduate School, IARI, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach by 29th April 2019
- However, advance copy may be submitted to the PG School along with required documents and details of fees transferred through NEFT.
Application Fee Details
- Candidates are required to submit their application form online. Before filling the online Application Form, the candidates are required to deposit of Rs.1000/- (for General/OBC category) and Rs.500/- (for SC/ST/PC/CWSF category) through NEFT from any branch of nationalized Bank as per details are given below:
Account No.: 90293020000324,
Name of the account: PG School PHD 2019,
IFSC Code: SYNB0009029
Name of the Bank: Syndicate Bank,
Branch Name: Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110012
- Candidates who are in employment are required to take the printout of their application form submitted online and send it through proper channel to the Registrar, Post Graduate School, IARI, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach before the last date.