Indian Institute of Remote Sensing M.Tech. Admission 2019 Dates, Application
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) announces admission to M.Tech Program 2019
IIRS M.Tech Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) invites applications from interested candidates for admission to M.Tech. program for the academic session 2019
Also See : Admission Notification 2019
About IIRS M.Tech. Program
- IIRS M.Tech. (RS & GIS) course is to provide in-depth understanding of remote sensing, satellite image analysis, Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technologies and their applications in natural resources survey and monitoring including agriculture and soils, forestry and ecology, geology and mineral resources, water resources, marine resources, urban and regional planning, atmospheric studies and disaster management.
- It is a four semester course in which first two semesters are devoted to exhaustive course work and other two semesters has research project with a mandate to work as a member of a research group in a project in close association with the subject matter experts.
The M.Tech. Course is offered in the following specializations
- Agriculture & Soils
- Forest Resources & Ecosystem Analysis
- Marine & Atmospheric Sciences
- Satellite Image Analysis & Photogrammetry
- Urban & Regional Studies
- Water Resources
Also See : M.Tech Admission 2019
IIRS M.Tech Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date to apply: 29th March 2019
- Entrance test tentative date: 04-06 May 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIRS M.Tech Admission 2019
For Agriculture & Soils:
- M.Sc. (Soil Sci./Agromet./Entomology/Pathology/Agron./Plant Physiol./Hort./ Agric. Botany/Soil Conservation & Water Management/Climate Change Adaptation) / Env. Sci. (OR) B.E./B.Tech. (Agril. Engg./Agri. Informatics/Agri. & Food Engg.) (OR) B.Sc. Agriculture/Horticulture/ Sericulture (4-years degree) (OR) Master's in Geography.
For Forest Resources & Ecosystem Analysis:
- M.Sc. (Forestry/Ecology/Botany/Wildlife Sci./Biosci./Zoology/Env. Sci. /Env. Mgmt. /Natural Resources Management/Life Sci./Plant Sci.) (OR) 4 years B.Sc. (Forestry/Biotech./Forest Biotech./Bioinformatics) (OR) B.E./B.Tech.(Biotech./Forest Biotech./ Bioinformatics/ Environmental Engg.) (OR) Master's in Geography.
- M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.)/M.Tech. (Geol. /Appl. Geol./Geophy./Earth Sci./Geoexplor./Petrol. Engg./Geo-Engg./ Mining Engg. /Geography) (OR) B.Tech./B.E. (Civil Engg./Geosci./Petrol. Engg./Mining Engg./ Mineral Processing)
For Marine & Atmospheric Science:
- M.Sc. (Marine Sci./Earth Sci./Phy./Oceanog./Meteor./Atm. Sci./Env. Sci./Maths) (OR) Master's in Geography
For Satellite Image Analysis & Photogrammetry:
- M.Sc./M.Tech. (Phy./Appl. Phy./Maths/Chem./Stat./Appl. Maths/Comp. Sci./IT/Geoinform./ Geomatics/ Remote Sensing/Civil Engg. or equivalent) (OR) B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc. Engg. (Civil/ Electronics/Electrical/ ECE/Comp. Sci./IT/Geomatics/Geoinform./Remote Sensing or equivalent) (OR) M.Sc.in Geography
For Urban & Regional Studies:
- Master's (Plan./Arch./Civil/Comp. Sci./Geoinformatics/Env. Sci. or equivalent) (OR) B.Plan./ B.Arch. or equivalent (OR) B.E./B.Tech. (Civil/Comp. Sci./Geoinformatics or equivalent) (OR) Master's in Geography.
For Water Resources:
- Master's (Geol. /Env. Sci.) (OR) B.E./B.Tech.(Civil Engg./Agril. Engg. /Water Res. Engg./ Structural Engg.)
Age Limit: Age limit for all the courses is 45 years.
- Admission criteria for self financed candidates: Entrance test and interview
- Admission criteria for Govt. Sponsored/ Nominated candidates: Govt. sponsored candidates are exempted from written test and they have to appear only for interview
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Nagpur, Raipur, Varanasi, Thiruvanthapuram
Number of seats
- Total 40 seats are available (including all specializations)
- Govt. Sponsored candidates: University Registration Fee only (currently Rs. 20,000)
- Self financed (Indian) candidates: Rs. 1, 64,000
- Foreign candidates: USD 14,400
IIRS M.Tech Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application can fill the online form available in IIRS website ((https://admissions.iirs.gov.in).
- Any other mode of applications will not be considered.
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing
National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Indian Space Research Organization Dept. of Space, Govt. of India, Dehradun-248001
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!