BARC HRDD-DGFS PhD Program Admission 2021, Application, Dates, Eligibility
HRDD Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) announces Admission to DGFS-PhD Program 2021
HRDD BARC – DGFS PhD Admission 2021 – Human Resource Development Division (HRDD), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Invites applications from Engineering Post-graduates (M.E/M. Tech. /Equivalent Degree) for admission to DGFS-PhD Program under the aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) commencing from August 2021
About the Program
DAE Doctoral Fellowship Scheme (DDFS) formerly known as DGFS- PhD for pursuing PhD under the aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) a Deemed to be University
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai;
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam;
Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar;
Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata.
HRDD BARC – DGFS PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
Launch of Online Application Portal
February 1, 2021
Last Date for Online Application
February 28, 2021
Download of Admit Cards From
March 4, 2021
March 21, 2021
Declaration of List of shortlisted for Selection Interview
April 4, 2021
April 18, 2021
Declaration of List of Selected Candidates
May 03, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for HRDD BARC – DGFS PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates should possess M.E. / M.Tech. or equivalent postgraduate degree in Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgical/Materials, Nuclear Engineering with minimum 60% Marks. In addition to this, the student should have 60% marks in B. E. /B. Tech. or any other degree considered to enter M.E. / M.Tech. programme.
- The ‘qualifying 60% marks’ should be as per the ordinances of the respective degree awarding university OR equivalent of cumulative grade point average CGPA (converted to % Marks by multiplying with 100/x if the CGPA is on x points scale).
- The candidates desirous of availing DDFS fellowship should have been born on or after August 1, 1993. Age limit is relaxable by three years for OBC-NCL(non-creamy layer) and by five years for SC/ST applicants. Persons with Disability (PWD) of all categories are eligible for further age relaxation of 10 years. The age limit for the candidates working as faculty in Engineering Colleges is 40 years, who desire to pursue Ph.D. without the fellowship grant.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen
HRDD BARC – DGFS PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Only Online Applications will be accepted. Candidates must visit this website and fill the Online Application form in the period February 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021
- Interested candidates should fill the Application Form attached to this notification (may be printed from the University website www.barc.gov.in) and submit by hand to the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Human Resource Development Division, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai-400094
Selection for DDFS is a two-step process:
- Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria will appear in a written Screening Exam to be held at multiple centres across India on March 21, 2021 (tentative)
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Selection Interview based on performance in the screening test as well as on previous academic record. There will be 25% weightage for B.E./B.Tech. Percentage, 25% weightage for average of M.E./M.Tech. Semester-I and Semester-II percentages and 50% weightage for percentage in the BARC Screening Exam.
- The final selection will be based on performance in the Interview only. The candidates should be prepared for a 10 minutes presentation on their research interest during Interview.
- Outstation applicants called for Interview will be paid to and fro III AC train fare on production of tickets by shortest route, or actual fare, whichever is less.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website