BS Abdur Rahman University PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
BS Abdur Rahman University announces Admission to PhD (Full Time / Part Time) 2020
BS Abdur Rahman University PhD Admission 2020 - Applications are invited by B.S. Abdur Rahman University (BSAU) Chennai for admission to Full Time and Part Time PhD Programs offered at various disciplines for the session January 2020.
BS Abdur Rahman University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 30th November 2020
PhD Programs offered
- Civil, Aeronautics, Mechanical, Islamic Studies, EEE, Management Studies, ECE, ESE, Computer Application, E&I, Mathematics, IT, Physics, Polymer, chemistry, Automobile, English, Crescent School of Life, Economics
Eligibility Criteria for BS Abdur Rahman University PhD Admission 2020
- Post Graduate in a relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks.
- Candidates must have obtained a Master's degree of this University (ME/M.Tech/MS (By Research) or any other qualification recognized as equivalent there to in the listed departments) or;
- Candidates must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology of this University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the field of study with a minimum of 10 years of R&D experience in National Research laboratories/Public sector undertakings and with minimum of three publications in refereed journals / two patents.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Other Requirements of a Ph.D. Programme
Full-Time Ph.D. Programme:
- Candidates under full time shall do research work in this Institution and shall be available during the working hours of curricular, co-curricular and related activities.
- Candidates in employment, who want to pursue full-time studies, should be sponsored by their employer & should avail leave for the research period and should get formally relieved from their duty to join the research programme.
- Candidates who are sponsored by the AICTE under Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) for teachers of Engineering Colleges and who satisfy the eligibility conditions shall be eligible for full-time only, in the disciplines as notified in AICTE guidelines.
- Candidates who are selected under Fellowship programmes of National or any recognized bodies and who satisfy the eligibility conditions as per the regulations are eligible for full time studies in the respective disciplines.
- Foreign nationals sponsored by Government of India on any exchange programme and who satisfy the eligibility conditions as per the regulations, are eligible for full time study.
Part-Time Ph.D. Programme
- The categories of candidates who are eligible to apply for part time programme are given below.
Part Time Ph.D Programme:
- The categories of candidates who are eligible to apply for part-time programme are given below:
Full Time teachers of the Institution.
- Candidates working in the projects undertaken from State / Central / Quasi Government and totally funded through the projects in this Institution. The principal coordinator of such projects shall be the supervisor if he / she is recognized. The candidate should be employed in the project for the minimum period of research programme (Clause 10 of Ph.D. Regulations).
Part employments in different spells or in different projects are not permitted.
- Candidates working in industries / R&D establishments / Labs / Units of Government / Quasi Government or any other research laboratories and sponsored by the respective employer / organization.
- Candidates working in any Government / Aided / Unaided / Self financing institution or College or Polytechnic colleges.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination and interview conducted by the university
BS Abdur Rahman University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidates may purchase the application form from the Director (Admissions) of the University or download the application form from the official site. The Application Form can be downloaded from the website www.bsauniv.ac.in
- The completed application along with a Demand Draft (DD) for Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) should be submitted to "The Director (Admissions), B.S. Abdur Rahman University, Seethakathi Estate, Vandalur, Chennai-600048"
- Interested candidates may view the faculty profile and facilities at the university website www.bsauniv.ac.in For more information Visit the University website: www.bsauniv.ac.in
B.S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai
B.S.Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology (Estd. u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956), (Formerly B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College), Seethakathi Estate, GST Road, Vandalur, Chennai-600048, Ph.: +91-44-22751347, Website www.bsauniv.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India