IIEST Shibpur Master of Science Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur M.Sc. Admission 2019 Full Time
IIEST Shibpur MSc Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, has released notification for admission to the full time Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs for the academic session 2019-20.
M.Sc. in Disciplines
The University, under the Faculty of Basic and Applied Sciences, offers full time two years Postgraduate Courses leading to M.Sc. Degree in the following disciplines:
- Earth Science, and
- Food Processing & Nutrition Science
IIEST, Shibpur represents a new class of institutes dedicated towards offering post-graduate programs and advanced research, as recommended by the AnandaKrishnan Committee.
See: MSc Admissions
IIEST Shibpur M.Sc Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Process: On going
- Classes commences on: 15th July 2019
Details of M.Sc. Program:
- These Programs are offered by the departments under the Faculty of Basic and Applied Sciences namely; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Earth Sciences and the School of Community Science and Technology (SOCSAT)
- The 50% (Fifty percent) of the available seats to the MSc Programs are admitted through CCMN; the centralized counseling procedure for NITs and CFTIs with JAM as the mandatory requirement
- The rest 50% are admitted through our own test and interview process without JAM as mandatory requirement
Note: (i) The same number of seats are available through CCMN 2019 (ii) The seats left vacant after CCMN 2019 admission will be filled in from the wait listed candidate of our admission process.
See: Latest Entrance Exam
Eligibility Criteria for IIEST Shibpur M.Sc Admission 2019
- B.Sc degree (3 yrs/6 semesters) with Physics as Honors/ Major subject and Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subject of 2 yrs/ 4 semesters duration.
- B.Sc. degree (3yrs/6 semesters) with Chemistry as Honours/ Major subject and Physics and Mathematics as subsidiary subjects of 2 yrs/ 4 semesters duration.
- B.Sc/ B.S degree (3 yrs/ 6 semesters) with mathematics as Honours/ Major subject.
- B.Sc degree (3 yrs/6 semesters) with Geology (Honours/ Major) subject
Food Processing and Nutrition science:
- B.Sc degree (3 yrs/6 semesters) in biological science as honours /Major subject and Chemistry as one of the subsidiary subject or B.Sc degree ( 3 yrs/6 semesters) with Chemistry as Honours/ Major subject.
M.Sc. offered by the Schools
- School of Community Science & Technology (Special papers: i) Nutritional Biochemistry ii) Microbial Enzyme Technology)
- A minimum of 60 % marks (CGPA= 6.5 on a 10 point scale) for OC/EWS/OBC (NCL) category candidates and 55% marks (CGPA=6.0 on a 10 point scale) for SC/ST and PwD category candidates in the Honours/ Major subject mentioned in the table.
- CCMN - Candidates wish to apply through CCMN may do so using on-line mechanism. The candidates are selected by the CCMN authority (note that JAM is mandatory) and send their names to IIEST (and other Institutes taking part in CCMN) for admission
- The rest 50% will be admitted through CCMN 2019 for which JAM is Mandatory
- Note that 50% of the available seats will be filled through CCMN. For more details see the CCMN 2019 website
IIEST Shibpur M.Sc Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criterion may apply online (see www.iiests.ac.in)
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination (Bachelor degree with Honours/Major) may also apply
- The applications will be screened and a number of short-listed candidates will be called for the written test. Mere application with eligibility may not be sufficient to get a call in the written test
- Candidates qualified in the written test may be called for the interview for final selection
- Provisional admission will be allowed for the selected candidates who are supposed to submit all the mark-sheets and copies of other credentials at the time of admission
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also take admission, if selected. However, they must submit the certificates, mark-sheets and other documents meeting the eligibility criteria within failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- The application fee of IIEST M.Sc admission 2019 is Rs. 500/-
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, (Formerly Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur), Website www.iiests.ac.in