MICAT 2019 - Exam Date, Eligibility, Colleges, Application
MICAT 2019 Mudra Institute of Communications MICA Admission Test
Mudra Institute of Communications (MIC), Ahmedabad invites applications for admissions to Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C) for the academic year 2019-21
Also See : MBA Admissions 2018
MICAT 2019 Details
- Mudra Institute of Communications Admission Test (MICAT) I and II dates have been announced. The MICAT I 2019 will be held on December 2018. The Examination is conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad
- Candidates interested in the exam may check eligibility criteria, selection procedure, important dates and more details from this page.
About the PGDM-C Program
- MICA Admissions Test (MICAT) is the online entrance test for MICA's flagship Course Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C). The Program focuses on Strategic Marketing and Communication.
- The PGDM-C, equivalent to an MBA, has evolved into one of the premier programs in the country, endorsed by 100 per cent campus placements with the best corporate houses in India and in recent times, abroad as well.
- This program is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the Association of Indian University (AIU), which equates it with an MBA degree.
Important Dates for MICAT 2019
- Registration Opens: 23rd August 2018
- Registration Closes: 20th November 2018 at 11:50 pm
- Issue of MICAT- I Call Letters/Admit Card: 26th November 2018
- Date of Exam: 01st December 2018
- MICAT-I Score: 18th December 2018
- Registration Opens: 03rd January 2019
- Registration Closes: 30th January 2019. at 11:50pm
- Issue of MICAT-II Call Letters/Admit Card: 04th February 2019
- Date of MICAT-II: 09th February 2019
- MICAT-II Score: 19th February 2019
- GE & PI Shortlist: 19th February 2019
- GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata: 07th 08th & 9th March 2019
- GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad: 12th & 13th March 2019
- GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai: 16th, 17th & 18th March 2019
- Final Results: 25th March 2019
- The PGDM-C is a two-year residential program. Each academic year begins in July and ends in March, in the following year. An academic year is divided into three terms of 12 weeks each
- The summer vacation at the end of the first year is devoted to industry internship
- MICA’s PGDM-C offers the following specialisations - (i) Brand Management, (ii) Advertising Management, (iii) Marketing Research and Analytics, (iv) Media Management and (v) Digital Communication Management.
- The course fee for two years, which will also include tuition fee and residential charges is Rs 16,50,000/- (approximately)
- Admission to the PGDM (C) program requires a bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
Selection Process (Batch 2019-21)
- The Selection Process will be twice in one academic year and selection process twice - in December-January and Feb-March - we intend to provide more opportunities to MICA aspirants
- Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted
- MICA selection is a 3-step process as detailed below:
Each candidate must have taken at least one of the three exams: CAT/ XAT/GMAT (CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 / GMAT (2017 onwards).
- MICA Admission Test (MICAT). All the candidates are assessed on MICAT which consists of 3 sections:
- Section A: Psychometric Test;
- Section B: (has 4 sub-sections) - Verbal ability, Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation, General awareness; Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Section C: Descriptive Test.
- GE & PI: All the candidates shortlisted based on their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT* & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI
- MICAT will be an online examination, wherein applicants’ knowledge will be tested on the following:
- Analytical and verbal ability
- Logical reasoning
- Divergent thinking
- Written communication skills
- Creativity potential
- General awareness about contemporary
- Applicants should note that the exam pattern for MICAT-I and MICAT-II will be similar. MICAT question paper will include questions from the areas of media, marketing, advertising, current affairs, etc.
- The examination comprises of two test papers i.e. Test Booklet 1, having 100 - 120 MCQs, and Test Booklet 2, containing subjective questions. Applicants should note that 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Short-listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai. (GE & PI candidate list is prepared on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT scores)
- MICAT will be held in Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ajmer, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Faridabad, Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Nagpur, Noida, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Surat, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam
Final Merit List Preparation
- All those candidates who appear in GE & PI are considered for the final merit list MUST be RECOMMENDED by majority of the panellists of PI.
- All those who meet the criteria described above, their final composite score shall be created based on the following weightage:
- CAT/XAT/GMAT: 20%
- MICAT: 30%
- GE: 20%
- PI: 30%
- The dates for downloading MICAT Admit Cards 2019 are yet to be declared. The admit cards will be available on the official website (after closing of registration)
- Candidates need to carry the admit card to the test centre along with a photo-identity card (Passport, driving license, College/Institute identity card, Aadhaar card, Pan Card, Voters ID Card)
- To apply for the exam, candidates need to fill-up the registration form and pay the test fees online (www.mica.ac.in)
- Candidates need to register and enter details for the online application form. Post those candidates have to pay the fees. After successful registration, aspirants will receive an email containing the MICA ID and MICA password. This MICA ID will be used for all future correspondence. One can also use this MICA ID and MICA password to modify details online
- All the candidates intending to apply for MICA Admission Test 2018 will have to remit a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1958/- (for all the categories)
Mode of Payment
- Candidates can choose to pay via the following methods:
Cash at SBI Bank
- Aspirants need to take a print out of the SBI bank Challan. This Challan has three parts. After paying the test fees at an SBI Bank branch in your city, the bank will return two parts of the stamped Challan
- Keep one receipt with you. Sign the stamped MICA copy of the Pay-in-slip and send it to the Collection Centre at "Admissions Office, MICA, Shela, Ahmedabad-380058"
Online Payment through Credit Card
- Aspirants can choose directly through Master or Visa Card online. Just follow the instructions given on official website after choosing credit card option
- Demand Draft: Create a demand draft (DD) / multi city cheque/ at par cheque of the test fees from any Bank in favour of "MICA" payable at Ahmedabad
- Aspirants can also choose to pay the fees at the payment counters available across various cities and make payment in cash
- For more inquiry, visit the university website www.mica.ac.in
Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad, Shela, Ahmedabad-380058, (Gujarat) India, Tel.: 91 2717 308250, +91 2717 308349, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.mica.ac.in