IRMA Fellowship in Rural Management Admission 2018
IRMA notifies Fellow Program in Rural Management (FPRM) Admissions 2018
Institute of Rural Management (IRM) Anand invites applications for 17th Fellow Program in Rural Management (FPRM) for the academic year 2018
IRMA's Program in Rural Management prepares talented young managers to assume challenge-filled responsibilities in rural cooperatives and development organizations
FPRM is a doctoral/Ph.D level research program in Rural Management leading to the title of "Fellow, Institute of Rural Management, Anand". It has a minimum residency requirement of three years.
The specific objectives of the program are to:
- Facilitate the development of academic/scholarly orientation among participants;
- Provide guidance in identifying research areas/topics and in the development of research proposals, conducting research, and thesis writing;
- Promote an inter-disciplinary orientation among the participants;
- Provide a boost to the scholarship and pedagogy of the Institute by linking and contributing to the academic processes; and
- Foster a rich academic environment with a concern strongly aligned with the Institute's mission
Last date for receipt of completed applications: 15th February 2018
Intimation for Personal Interview (PI): 20th March, 2018
Personal Interview dates: 9th - 14th April 2018
Announcement of final results: Second / third week of May 2018
Classes on Bridge Course (if needed): 28th May 02 June 2018
FPRM Induction Program: 14th to 16th June 2018
Beginning of First Term: 18th June 2018
- Candidates with a postgraduate or postgraduate equivalent degree/diploma from a recognized university or institution in any discipline with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade can apply. (5% less for those eligible for reservations).
- Those expecting to complete the final exams of these degrees by June 14 2018 may also apply.
Qualifying Exams: Having valid scores/results of the last five years in any of the following standard qualifying exams or tests.
Those with PGDRM from IRMA and PGP from any of the IIMs (including Agri-Business Management) are exempted from the above qualifying tests or validity period
Also See: Admission Alerts 2018
All eligible applicants must submit along with their application a preliminary research proposal of about 2000 words. The proposal should cover topic/problem of the proposed research, its relevance, objectives and methodology of the study, and expected results or findings
- The applications will be screened by the designated selection committee of IRMA on the basis of multiple parameters like academic qualification, test scores, research proposal, and reservation. The selection committee will arrive at screening and cut-off criteria depending on the response.
- The final selection will consist of presentation of the research proposal and personal interview and will focus on assessing research aptitude, subject knowledge/clarity, analytical abilities, general personality, and perseverance of the candidate.
- The selection committee, if necessary, may conduct a short written test for those called for PI to assess their analytical and communication abilities
How to apply
An applicant can opt for one of the following ways for applying:
- Apply online (www.irma.ac.in) and pay through payment gateway. Take a print out of the SBI challan available on IRMA website in the admission link. Make payment at any branch of SBI by using the challan. SBI will then issue a unique ID number. Use this unique ID number to apply online through the IRMA website. Fill up the application form along with uploading a copy of the preliminary research proposal.
- IRMA online portal provides complete instructions to facilitate the online application.
- Printed application forms may be obtained from the Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 on payment of prescribed fees (add Rs. 75 for postal charges). Application fees may be paid in the form of a demand draft favouring IRMA payable at Anand. The application should be sent to the address along with a copy of the preliminary research proposal, Mr. Janak R. Brahmbhatt, Manager (Academics), Admissions Office, Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), Anand : 388 001, Gujarat
- Online Application Fee: Rs. 1200/- (General & OBC) Rs. 600/- (SC/ST/DAP)
- Offline Application Fee: One Program: Rs. 1275/- (General & OBC) Rs. 675/- (SC/ST/DAP)
The application fee payment can be done through debit/credit card, net banking of SBI Bank challan
For more information, visit the website: www.irma.ac.in
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), (NAAC "A" Accredited), IRMA, Anand-388001, Tel.: 02692-221659, Email email@example.com, Website www.irma.ac.in