CT University Ludhiana announces PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2019 December for Admission in PhD Program
CT University PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2019 December – CT University invites application for admission to PhD Program for the session December 2019.
- CT University is offering PhD in following programmes:
- Ph.D. in (Computer Science Engineering); (Electronics & Communication Engineering); (Electrical Engineering); (Mechanical Engineering); (Civil Engineering); (Computer Applications); (Mathematics); (Management); (Commerce); (Economics); (Hospitality Management); (Journalism and Mass Communication); (Psychology); (History); (English); (Hindi); (Law); (Punjabi); (Education); (Physical Education); (Optometry); (Pharmaceutics); (Pharmaceutical Chemistry); (Pharmacognosy); (Pharmacology); (Entomology); (Biotechnology); (Zoology)
Duration of PhD
- Minimum-3 years; Maximum-6 years
- As per guidelines stipulated by UGC and the University time to time
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the University.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
CT University PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2019 December Important Dates
- Last date of Application: 30th November 2019
- Date of Examination: 8th December 2019.
- Result of Examination: 10th December 2019.
- Interview Date: 14th December 2019.
- Result of Interview: 14th December 2019
- Last Date of Depositing Registration fee: 23rd December 2019.
- Last Date of Depositing Coursework/Semester fee: 31st December 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for CT University PhD Admission 2019
- Master s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master s degree by the corresponding statutory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in UGC 7- point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed). A person who s M.Phil. Thesis has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted provisionally to Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Accreditation and Assessment Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of accessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
- Stage wise (Entrance and Interview) and Discipline/Program wise merit list will be prepared. Candidates successful in Entrance test (Stage I) will be called for interview (Stage II). The final selection for admission in Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the Interview subject to score minimum marks
- University shall admit Ph.D. students through a two stage process (an Entrance Test and subsequent interview) conducted at the level of University:
Stage I (Entrance Test):
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the University.
Stage II (Interview):
- University shall organize an interview where the successful candidates in stage I candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee. The interview shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College;
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
Exemption from Entrance Test:
- Candidates who has qualified UGC (NET/JRF)/CSIR (NET /JRF)/ICAR (JRF/SRF) Examination/SLET (for Punjab state only) /GATE/GPAT/ICAR or hold Teacher Fellowship are exempted from entrance test.
CT University PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2019 December Application Process
- The application form can be downloaded from website https://ctuniversity.in or the applicant can buy the prospectus 2019 from the university campus after paying cash at accounts department.
- The application fee (Non Refundable) for CT PET December 2019 is Rs. 1000/ (one thousand only).
- The payment mode for submitting the application fee can be through RTGS/NEFT/Demand Draft. Account details of the University are:
- Account Name and Number: CT University (50100144874943)
- Bank and Branch Name: HDFC Bank Ltd, Mullanpur Dakha, Ludhiana.
- RTGS/NEFT IFSC: HDFC0001319.
- The duly filled form specifying the program applied for e.g. PhD Computer Science on the backside of the sealed envelope is required to be submitted at the CT University campus OR by hand/ post mentioning the program applied at the backside of the envelope to the mailing address: Dean Research, CT University, Ferozepur Road, Sidhwan Khurd, Ludhiana-142024.
- Scanned copy of the duly filled form along with the fee payment receipt (Snapshot of payment made) can also be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and the applicant should mention the program name in the mail subject e.g. PhD English and also before scanning the application form applicant should mention the transaction ID on the application form.
- Applicants will be required to submit the original filled form along with the fee payment receipt before appearing for the entrance exam at the examination centre.
- For any necessary information, applicant may email to: email@example.com
Dean Research, CT University, Ferozepur Road, Sidhwan Khurd, Ludhiana-142024, Phone: 90566-60555, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website https://ctuniversity.in