- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) Lucknow is a University established under an Act of the Legislature of the State of Uttar Pradesh in 1983
- Para-medical training Institute has started B.Sc. and B.Sc courses in Medical Technology in different super-speciality subjects.
M.Sc. Courses is of 02 years followed by six months compulsory internship
M.Sc. Course Offered
Medical Laboratory Technology (Medical Virology)
Medical Laboratory Technology (Transfusion Medicine)
Medical Biotechnology (Hematology)
No. of Seats
Particulars of Courses
M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology (Hematology)
Medical Laboratory Technology (Transfusion Medicine)
M.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology (Medical Virology)
SGPGI MSc Nursing Admission 2020 Important Dates
Release of Advertisement
01st October 2020
Last date of Payment of fees
15th October 2020
Last date for Filling up of online form
17th October 2020
Last Date of Receiving Printed application form
20th October 2020
Uploading the roll numbers
22nd October 2020
Holding of the entrance exam
27th October 2020
Declaration of result
31st October 2020
3rd November 2020
5th November 2020
7th November 2020
Last & Mopup Counseling (if required)
9th November 2020
Completion of admission formalities
10th November 2020
Eligibility Criteria for SGPGI MSc Nursing Admission 2020
M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Transfusion Medicine)
- A pass in B.Sc. MLT course from recognized University securing minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Further 5% relaxation is permitted to reserved category candidate having domicile of Uttar Pradesh
- For sponsored candidates B.Sc. with 05 years experience of working in Transfusion Medicine/Blood Bank from Govt./accredited institute. Candidates passing B.Sc. MLT through correspondence course shall not be eligible. Applicants should be able to communicate well verbally in English.
M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology (Hematology)
- A pass in B.Sc. (Botany/Zoology, Chemistry/Microbiology/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry) or any equivalent degree in Life Sciences from recognized University securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Further 5% relaxation is permitted to reserved category candidate having domicile of Uttar Pradesh
- For sponsored candidates B.Sc. in given subjects with 05 years experience of working in the respective department of Govt. Institution is required. Candidates passing B.Sc. through correspondence course shall not be eligible. Applicants should be able to communicate well verbally in English.
M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Medical Virology)
- A pass in B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) or B.Sc. (Microbiology) or any equivalent degree from a recognized University securing minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with laboratory experience
- Further 5% relaxation is permitted to reserved category candidates having domicile of Uttar Pradesh. For sponsored candidates B.Sc. in given subjects with 05 years experience of working in Govt. or reputed Institution is required
- Candidates passing B.Sc. through correspondence course shall not be eligible. Applicants should be able to communicate well verbally in English. OR
- B.Sc. Biotechnology or B.Sc. (Life Sciences – viz B.Sc. Zoology, B.Sc. Botany and B.Sc. Biology ) (Regular study). Applicants should be able to communicate well verbally in English.
- The maximum age for admission to M.Sc. Courses shall be 30 years as prescribed in the advertisement for admission to the course
- Age relaxation to reserved category and sponsored candidates will be as per U.P. State Government rules and domicile of U.P. only.
- Reservation will apply as per U.P. Govt. rules for candidates having domicile of Uttar Pradesh only. Reserved category candidates having domicile other than Uttar Pradesh will be treated as General category candidates for all purposes.
- Certain seats are earmarked for candidates sponsored by Central/State Govt. Organizations, Universities and Defence services, subject to the following conditions.
SGPGI MSc Nursing Admission 2020 Application Process
- The application form along with information brochure can be downloaded from the Institute’s website http://www.sgpgi.ac.in during 17th October 2020.
- The candidate should read the instructions very carefully before filling up the form. The candidates will have to fill up the APPLICATION FORM ONLINE.
- After online submission, a print out of filled-in application form MUST be taken and sent to Nodal Officer, College of Technology & Allied Health Sciences, SGPGIMS, Rae Bareli Road, Lucknow 226014 along with all relevant documents in support of age, qualification, experience, reservation and sponsorship etc. and duly signed by the candidate.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment
- Through Net banking, Debit / Credit card or through Computer Generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India
- Application fee for all categories is Rs.1000/- + bank transaction charges as applicable
Entrance Exam Pattern
- Admissions to various M.Sc. Courses are to be made through entrance exam conducted by the Institute comprising of 100 MCQs on an all India entrance exam basis which will be held in the month of May-June
- Detailed advertisements based on the number of vacancies available in each course are put on the Institute’s website www.sgpgi.ac.in.
- The selection of candidates should be strictly on the basis of merit of the student in the entrance exam held by the Institute.
- The entrance examination of the Institute will be conducted in English language only.
- The scheme of entrance examination for M.Sc. courses will be as under :
- There will be one paper of two hours duration consisting of 100 multiple choice questions.
- The general standard of entrance examination will be that of B.Sc. or equivalent examination of an Indian University.
- Eligible candidates can print their Admit Card Online for appearing in the entrance examination between prescribed dates using their email id, password and registration number written on right corner of application form