Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur announces Master of Business Administration (MBA) Admission 2022-24
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission – Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has invited applications for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program for the academic year 2022-24
Interested & eligible candidates can check the details on IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission 2022 from the page below.
About VGSoM’s MBA Program
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the flagship postgraduate program of Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. It is a 2-year (spanning over four semesters) full-time residential program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur at VGSoM.
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission Dates 2022
- Beginning of online submission of application form : First week of January (Tentative)
- Last Date of Online Application Form : 31st January 2022, 11:59pm (Monday)
- Online Personal Interview : Schedule 1: 04th March to 06th March 2022
- Online Personal Interview : Schedule 2: 12th March to 14th March 2022
- Online Personal Interview : Schedule 3: 25th March to 27th March 2022
- Declaration of Admission Results : 29th April to 04th May 2022
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA Programme of the Institute should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Science, Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level)* with the following criteria:
- A candidate must have any of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree of minimum 4-year duration in engineering, technology, pharmacy, medicine, or similar disciplines; OR
- Master’s degree in Science/Economics/Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level); with:
- GE/NC-OBC:Minimum of 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD:Minimum of 55% marks (or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10-point scale)
- For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0, the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, if selected, the admission of such candidates to the program will be provisional, only if (s)he submits a certificate latest by May 31, 2022 from the competent authorities of his/her university/college/institute (issued on or before May 31, 2022) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
- Applicants must be in good health. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness to be submitted during registration, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final
- Candidates belonging to PwD category seeking admission to MBA are required to appear before a medical board on or before October 31, 2022 at IIT Kharagpur. The decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes binding to the candidate
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission Application Process 2022
- Eligible Candidates can apply online only through the University website https://som.iitkgp.ac.in/
- After taking the CAT 2021 examination, domestic candidates seeking admission to the MBA programme must complete the following procedure:
- Step 1 : Complete the online application form available at the ERP portal of IIT Kharagpur, accessible through https://som.iitkgp.ac.in/MBA/
- The application form must be completed in all respects. Any incomplete form will automatically be rejected from further consideration.
- Step 2 : While submitting the online application form, make a payment for an application fee (Rs. 1600 for General & NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD).
- Female candidates will be charged the same level of application fee as paid by male candidates of respective categories.
- For General & NC-OBC candidates : Rs. 1600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates : Rs. 800/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking
- The selection of candidates for admission to the 2022-2024 batch of MBA at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur is a two-step process.
- First, the candidates who have applied successfully to the program are shortlisted for Personal Interview (Online-PI).
- Secondly, the candidates who have been selected through the Online-PI process are offered final admission to MBA on the basis of a cumulative performance score based on application rating and performance in Online-PI.
For more details and apply please visit the official website