Indian Culinary Institute announces Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Culinary Art Admission 2019
Indian Culinary Institute Noida MBA in Culinary Art Admission 2019 –Application are invited for Master of Business Administration in Culinary Art offered by indian Culinary Institute (ICI), Noida & Tirupati under collaborative scheme with the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University (IGNTU) for the session 2019-20.
- Admission to 2-year MBA in Culinary Art
- The Master of Business Administration in Culinary Art is offered at Indian Culinary Institute, Noida & Tirupati under collaborative scheme with the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University.
See: MBA Admissions
Availability of Seats
- The ICI Tirupati Campus – 60 Seats
- The ICI Noida Campus – 60 Seats
- The Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak has been established by an Act of the Parliament of India, the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Act, 2007. The University started functioning from July 2008.
- The jurisdiction of the University extends to the whole country and it is fully funded by the Central Govt. through the UGC. The university caters to the tribal’ long cherished dream of higher education.
Important Dates for Indian Culinary Institute Noida MBA in Culinary Art Admission 2019
- Online Application Form: 15th January to 07th May 2019
- Last Date for applying Online: 07th May 2019
- Last Date of receipt of print of Application Form DD: 10th May 2019
- Download Admit Card: 13th May to 18th May 2019
- Date of Examination: 19th May 2019
- Result of ICI-EE: 03rd June 2019
- 1st Round Seat Allotment: 04th June 2019
- Reporting of 1st Round: 05th June to 10th June 2019
- 2nd Round Seat Allotment: 13th June 2019
- Reporting of 2nd Round: 14th June to 18th June 2019
- Final Round Allotment: 21st June 2019
- Final Round Reporting: 24th June to 28th June 2019
- Commencement of Academic Session: 15th July 2019
- The program is aimed to produce Chefs to cater hotel, hospitality and allied industry. In the hotel/hospitality industry, highest paid employee is Chef. Chefs are responsible for preparation of food with culinary skills, which is the main identity of the hotel and the place.
MBA in Culinary Art Program Details
- The Master of Business Administration in Culinary Arts is offered at Indian Culinary Institute, NOIDA & Tirupati under collaborative scheme with the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University. The Two-Year (Four Semester) Program equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge responsibilities in the Culinary sector as chef/ kitchen management and Culinary Specialist.
- The program also involves in-depth laboratory/ Kitchen work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production (various Cuisine of Indian and International), Food Handling, Hygiene and food safety standard. It also provides managerial inputs for kitchen management and food entrepreneurship.
See: MBA Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for ICI Noida MBA in Culinary Art Admission 2019
- A pass in full time bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts/Hospitality/Hotel Management (BBA in Culinary Arts, B.Sc. in HHA, BHM, BHMCT) from a recognized Indian or foreign university (as per the AIU foreign equivalence list) with 50% in case of General and OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC and ST candidates. Those appearing in bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts/Hospitality/Hotel Management can also appear in Entrance Exam 2019 on provisional basis.
- Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (bachelor’s degree or its equivalent) scoring the required percentage of marks is not submitted at the time of admission or latest by 30th June 2019
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at any stage, even after admission to the Institute, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
- Note: Only regular bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts/Hospitality/Hotel Management are eligible to apply for MBA in Culinary Arts.
- For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01st August 2019. Candidates born on or after August 01, 1994 are eligible. (Age relaxation of 5 will be applicable to SC/ST and PWD candidate)
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admission.
- All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format given at Annexure-1
Reservation of Seats
- As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them. Benefit of reservation shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective Central List published by the Govt. of India.
- Candidates are required to produce the original Caste Certificate along with attested copy at the time of Counselling as well as at the time of admission at the Institute.
- 5% of seats across the board are reserved for Physically Disabled candidates. For any category of disability (viz. loco motor, visual, dyslexia, speech, and /or hearing) benefit would be given to those who have at least 40% physical impairment, subject to condition that the candidate is able to perform the kitchen practical without any third person support.
- Admission to first year of MBA Culinary Art program is strictly based on the All India Rank (AIR) earned by the candidate in the written test of Entrance Examination and their choice of preference of the campus.
- Ranks are strictly based on the marks obtained by the candidate in written examination. No group discussion or interviews are involved.
- Admission is followed by checking of eligibility of candidates, verification of documents, depositing of first semester.
ICI Noida MBA in Culinary Art Admission 2019 Application Process
- Information Brochure can be downloaded from the website www.ici.nic.in and apply online from 15th January to 07th May 2019
- Confirmation sheet (i.e. print out of online application) alongwith photograph, other documents and payment of application fee through Demand Draft (DD in favour of ICI and payable at NOIDA) should be sent to following address so as to reach their latest by 10th May 2019.
- In-charge Finance Officer, Indian Culinary Institute, C/o. National Council for hotel Management and Catering Technology, A – 34, Sector – 62, Noida-201309.
- For General and OBC Candidates Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST/PD Candidates Rs.500/-
- Admit Card should be downloaded by all the eligible candidates from the site www.ici.nic.in or www.thims.gov.in, from 23rd May to 27th May 2019.
- A consolidated centre wise list of the eligible list called for JEE written test will also be published in the ICI website www.ici.nic.in and NCHM’s website www.nchm.nic.in for information of the candidates.