Graduate Aptitude Test Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2022 for Admission to PG Programs in Biotechnology, Apply now
GAT-B 2022 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) announces conduct of Graduate Aptitude Test- Biotechnology (GAT-B) is a National Level Entrance Examination for admission to the Department of Biotechnology supported Postgraduate Program in Biotechnology and allied areas in participating Institutions.
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology & Allied Areas
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology
- M.Tech.and M.V.Sc. Biotechnology
GAT-B Dates 2022
- Online registration and submission of Application Form (complete in all respect) through NTA Website: 11 March 2022 to 31 March 2022 (upto 05:00 P.M)
- Last date for successful transaction of Examination fee :
31 March 2022 (upto 11:50 PM)Extended till April 3, 2022
- Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only : To be displayed on the NTA website
- Downloading of Admit Card by the Candidate from NTA Website To be announced later through website
- Date of Examination for GAT-B-2022: 23 April 2022 (Saturday)
- Declaration of Result on NTA : Website To be announced after the exam through website
GAT-B Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Only bonafide Indian nationals are eligible to apply for GAT-B 2022. Candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria of Participating Institutions / Universities (APPENDIX-II) are eligible to apply for GAT-B 2022 entrance examination. Candidates may further verify the eligibility criteria on the website of the Participating Institutions/ Universities.
- Candidates who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria of Institutions/Universities and still appear for GAT-B 2022 entrance examination will do so at their own risk. If at any stage it is found that a candidate does not fulfil minimum eligibility requirements of Participating Institutions / Universities, rules of cancellation or termination of respective Institutions / Universities shall be applicable. Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) and Department of Biotechnology (DBT) will not play any role and responsibility in the admission and selection process (transfer/cancellation/conversion of seats/fee refund policy) of Participating Institutions / Universities.
- Candidates who have either appeared or is due to appear in the final examination of their qualifying degree is eligible to apply for GAT-B 2022, under the result awaited (RA) category.
- All eligibility criteria and more information please check on NTA website https://dbt.nta.ac.in/
GAT-B Application Process 2022
- Online registration and submission of Application Form (complete in all respect) through NTA Website: dbt.nta.ac.in
- Candidates must read carefully the Instructions (including how to fill up Application Form online) given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website. Candidates not complying with the Instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates can apply for GAT-B 2022 through “Online” mode only. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- For General(UR)/OBCNCL/EWS : Rs. 1200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD : Rs. 600/-
- GAT-B & BET (Both) : Rs. 2400 for General (UR)/ OBC-(NCL)/ EWS & Rs. 1200 for SC/ST/PwD
- Mode of Payment : Through Net-Banking/ Debit Card /Credit Card /UPI /Wallet
GAT-B 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination : Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Pattern of Examination : Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Duration of Examination : 180 minutes (3.00 hours)
- Date of Examination : 23 April 2022 (Saturday)
- Timing of Examination: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Examination Centre: As indicated in the Admit Card
- Medium of Question Paper : English
- The Question Paper for GAT-B 2022 Entrance Examination will have two sections:
- Section A: Section A will have 60 compulsory multiple choice questions of the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Each correct answer is of One (1) mark. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, half (1/2 or 0.5) mark will be deducted.
- Section B: Section B will have multiple choice questions of Bachelor’s (Graduate) level requiring thinking and analysis. There will be questions from Basic Biology, Life Sciences, Biotechnology and allied areas as per the syllabus of GAT-B 2022. There will be 100 questions out of which candidates will have to attempt 60 questions. Each correct answer is of Three (3) marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, One (1) mark will be deducted.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Biotechnology Entrance Exams and Admission Notifications
- B.Sc. Biotechnology, Career, Eligibility, Syllabus and Top College in India
- DBT Biotechnology Test for JRF Fellowship 2022