Graduate Aptitude Test Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021 for Admission to PG Programs in Biotechnology
Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021 – Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) (GAT-B) Department of Biotechnology, Government of India invites application for Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B), an admission eligibility test for DBT-supported PG Programs in Biotechnology (M.Sc. Biotechnology, M.Sc. Agricultural, Biotechnology, M.V.Sc., M.Tech. Biotechnology and M.Sc. in allied areas) in participating institutions
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been entrusted by the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, with the task of conducting the Graduate Aptitude Test – Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021. Check out complete details on Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021 from the post below.
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology & Allied Areas
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology
- M.Tech.and M.V.Sc. Biotechnology
Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021 Important Dates
- Duration of Online registration and submission of online Application Form for GAT-B-2021: 07th July to 2021 to 31st July 2021
- Last date for submission of Examination fee (through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking & Paytm Payment Modes upto (11:50 pm): 31st July 2021
- Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only: 04th August to 06th August 2021
- Date of Examination for GAT-B: 14th August 2021 (Saturday)
- Duration of Exam 180 minutes (03 hours) Timing of Exam GAT-B: 09:00 am to12:00 pm Mode of Examination Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode: Medium of Question Paper English
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021
- Candidates meeting eligibility criteria for admission to DBT-supported programmes in participating institutions as per Annexure-A are eligible to apply for GAT-B. You may further verify the eligibility criteria for a program on the respective institution website.
- In case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria (as per Annexure A) and still appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost.
- If at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements of the requisite DBT-supported program, the rules of the participating institution for cancellation/termination of admission will be applicable.
Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021 Application Process
- Detailed procedure for filling the application form, payment of application fee and uploading of required documents/certificates in the prescribed format, is given at dbt.nta.ac.in or nta.ac.in
Application Fee & Payment
- Fee Payable for GAT-B 2021
- General (UR)/ OBC-(NCL)/ EWS as per Central List: Rs.1200/- and SC/ST/PwD: Rs.600/-
- For both GAT-B and BET 2021General (UR)/ OBC-(NCL)/ EWS as per Central List: Rs.2400/- and SC/ST/PwD: Rs.1200/-
- Mode of Payment: Net Banking/Card Payment/UPI etc.
- The exam will be conducted in a single shift for a duration of 180 minutes. The question paper will have two parts:
- Part A will have 60 compulsory multiple-choice questions of the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. Each correct answer will be of one mark each
- There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ (half) mark will be deducted.
- Part B will have multiple choice questions of bachelor’s level requiring thinking and analysis. There will be questions from basic Biology, Life Sciences, Biotechnology and allied areas as per syllabus attached
- There will be 100 questions out of which the candidates will have to attempt 60 questions. Each correct answer will have a weightage of 3 marks
- The details of examination, marking scheme and syllabus is available at www.rcb.res.in/GATB.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website