National Testing Agency (NTA) announces DBT Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2023 for Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology
DBT Biotechnology Eligibility Test 2023 – Department Of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology invites applications from Indian Nationals for the award of DBT – Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) for pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology through Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2023
The National Testing Agency (NTA) announces the conduct of Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2023. Check out complete details on DBT Biotechnology Eligibility Test 2023 from the post below.
DBT Biotechnology Eligibility Test 2023
- Duration of Online registration and submission of online Application Form for BET-2023 : 10 March 2023 to 05 April 2023 upto (05:00 P.M)
- Last date for submission of Examination fee extended upto : 05th April 2023 upto (11:50 P.M)
- Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only : 8 & 9 April 2023
- Downloading of Admit Card by the Candidate from NTA Website : To be announced later through website
- Date of Examination for BET-2023 : 13th May 2023 (Saturday) 03:00 pm to 06:00pm
- Declaration of Result on NTA : Website To be announced after the exam through website
- Academic Qualification: Bachelors (B.E./ B.Tech./M.B.B.S) and Masters (M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.VSc./M. Pharm./ Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech.) in any discipline of Biotechnology, Life Sciences such as Biomedical, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Botany, Chemistry, Computational Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Zoology or any other allied areas of Biology/Life-Sciences.
- Candidates admitted in any of the M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.VSc./ M.Sc.(Agri) programmes supported under the DBT Post Graduate Teaching Programme shall be eligible to apply. Candidates who are yet to appear in the final semester examination or awaiting result of final semester shall also be eligible to apply.
- Marks: Minimum 60% of marks for General, EWS & OBC category and 55% of marks for SC/ ST/ Differently Abled candidates in aggregate (or equivalent grade).
- Age Limit: Upto 28 years of age as on the last date of application for General & EWS category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ ST/ Differently Abled/ Women candidates and upto 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
- Nationality: Candidate should be a bonafide citizen and resident of India.
- Online registration and submission of Application Form (complete in all respect) through NTA Website: https://dbt.nta.ac.in/
- Candidates must read carefully the Instructions (including how to fill up Application Form online) given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website. Candidates not complying with the Instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates can apply for BET 2023 through “Online” mode only. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- For General(UR)/OBC NCL/EWS : Rs. 1200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD : Rs. 600/-
- GAT-B & BET (Both) : Rs. 2400 for General (UR)/ OBC-(NCL)/ EWS & Rs. 1200 for SC/ST/PwD
- Mode of Payment : Through Net-Banking/ Debit Card /Credit Card /UPI /Wallet
BET 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination : Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Pattern of Examination : Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Date of Examination : 13 May 2023 (Saturday)
- Timing of Examination : 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Duration of Examination : 180 minutes (3.00 hours)
- Examination Centre : As indicated in the Admit Card
- Medium of Question Paper : English
- The Question Paper for BET 2023 Entrance Examination will have two parts:
- Section-A will have 50 compulsory multiple choice questions in the subjects: General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, General Aptitude, Analytical, Quantitative Ability and General Biotechnology and each question carries 03 (Three) marks. There will be negative marking and for each incorrect response, 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total marks. Un-answered/un-attempted will be given Zero (0) marks.
- Section-B will have 150 multiple choice questions of specific areas of Biotechnology and the candidate has to attempt 50 questions and each question carries 03 (Three) marks. There will be negative marking and for each incorrect response, 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total marks.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website