Syllabus and Exam Pattern for CMAT 2022
CMAT 2022 – Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national-level computer-based test for admission in MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM courses. As MBA is a sought after career option for graduates, CMAT and other MBA Entrance tests like CAT get a large number of applications each year. Around 600 B Schools accept the scores of CMAT. The exam is conducted once a year, usually in the month of January. In order to get a good percentile in CMAT, aspirants need both- hard work and smart work.
CMAT Exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and has to be attempted online. Candidates have to apply for the CMAT online only. Let us have a look at the details of the CMAT 2022 Exam Syllabus and Pattern
CMAT Exam Syllabus
The Syllabus for CMAT 2022 will consist of four subjects mentioned as follows-
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability
- General Awareness
Here are the important topics that are covered in each of them:
|QuantitativeTechniques & Data Interpretation||Algebra, Time-Speed-Distance, Alligation & Mixtures, Geometry, graphs, Quadratic and linear equations, etc.|
|Analytical Reasoning, Linear Arrangements, Number Series, Matrix Arrangements, Blood Relationship Tests, etc.|
|Language Comprehension||Reading C Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Para jumbles, etc.|
|General Awareness||Economy, business, world, politics, sports, culture, society|
Exam Pattern of CMAT 2022
The duration of the CMAT test will be three hours. The CMAT exam has four sections with 25 questions in each section. There is no sectional time limit, and you can navigate from one section to another. Check below for the marking scheme and section details:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Marking Scheme|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||25||100||+4 for correct answer-1 for incorrect answer|
|Time Limit||180 minutes||400|
Important dates for CMAT 2022
It is necessary to note down the CMAT Exam schedule so that you do not miss out. Check out the dates for CMAT 2022
- Online Submission of Application Form through Website: 16th Feb to 17th March 2022 (upto 11:50 PM)
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking/UPI / Paytm Wallet: 18th March 2022 (upto 11:50 P.M.)
- Correction in Particulars of Application Form on the Website: 19th March to 21st March 2022
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA Website: Will be announced later on website
- Date of Examination: April 9, 2022
- Duration: 180 minutes (03:00 Hrs)
CMAT 2021 Exam Fees
The Exam fees for CMAT 2022 is as follows: –
- Fee Payable for CMAT-2022 (through Credit Card /Debit Card (except Master/Visa Card) / Net-Banking/UPI)
- Male Rs.2000/-
- Female Rs.1000/-
Gen-EWS/ SC/ST/PwD /OBC-(NCL)
- Male Rs.1000/-
- Female Rs.1000/-
- *Applicable service/processing charges & GST over and above the Examination fee, are to be paid by the candidate to the concerned Bank/ Payment Gateway Integrator
CMAT Exam Centers
The CMAT 2022 exam will be held at test centers that will be set up in many cities across India. The CMAT test will be held at the following cities and candidates will be allocated test center according to their selection and availability. The NTA reserves the rights to cancel any test center and allot the next preferred location to a candidate. The cities where the CMAT Exam 2022 will be held are as follows-
|Guwahati||Gwalior||Gautam Budhh Nagar|
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT exam
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam.
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the academic year 2022-23 can also apply for CMAT online exam.
- Age Limit: Minimum of 21 years. There is no upper age limit to appear in the CMAT test.
CMAT 2022 Application process – How to apply?
- Candidates have to apply for CMAT-2022 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website www.ntacmat.nic.in. Candidates cannot apply through any mode other than the online mode.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
- The CMAT 2022 application process will commence from November 1, 2019
Follow the following 4 (Four) Steps to Apply Online for CMAT exam:
- Step-1: Register for Online Application and note down your system generated Application Number.
- Step-2: Complete the Application Form
- Step-3: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature.
- Step-4: Pay the exam fee by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan:
Documents required for CMAT Application Process
You need to fill in all your qualification details in the application form of CMAT and documents will be verified at the time of admission. The size of the photograph that you upload can be in the range of 10 KB to 200 KB whereas the size of the scanned signature should be in the range of 4 KB to 30 KB. Both the photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
When you sit down to fill the application form, keep the following documents for reference-
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PWD/DA certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned Signature of the candidate on a white paper
- Recent passport size photo preferably against a white background
Many B schools accept CMAT scores for admissions. The Top Colleges that accept CMAT scores are as follows:
- JBIMS Mumbai
- SIMSREE Mumbai
- K J Somaiya Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai/Gurgaon
- PUMBA Pune
- GIM Goa
- IFMR Chennai
- IMT Nagpur
- BIMTECH Greater Noida (Specialized Programmes)
- Welingkar, Mumbai
- N L Dalmia, Mumbai
CMAT is one of the toughest Entrance Exams in India. It is one of the most prestigious MBA entrance exams in India. So, a candidate needs to put in extra effort to get a good score. Our dedicated faculty has compiled Tips for CMAT exam preparation for the benefit of students.
Preparation tips for CMAT 2022
1. Be thorough with the exam pattern and syllabus:
It will help you identify your strong and weak areas. You can start the exam with the section you are more confident. In this way, you will be saving time to solve the tough questions and have a positive feeling throughout the exam.
2. Take mock exams:
Mock exams are a must for any entrance exam today. They not only are helpful in time management, but also give you an idea of competition. You get to know where you stand, and it motivates you to work harder.
The NTA came up with free online tests for CMAT 2022 They will be continued in the year 2021. These free mock exams will be conducted at the Test Practice centers (TPCs). Candidates can choose a Test Practice Center at a preferred location, subjected to the availability of seats and systems. It gives you a real exam feel. Another advantage is that these exams could be taken at home too.
3. Revise well and often
As the CMAT syllabus is vast, one needs to revise well and not be overconfident with the well-known parts. Even if you finish the exam before time, one has to revise the answers marked.
4. Crack the GK code: For candidates, General awareness happens to be trickier a section. Questions asked here are unpredictable. They cover vast topics like Science and Technology, corporate, Economy, Sports, Awards, Books and Authors, Environment, Personality, and Abbreviations. It is advisable that aspirants read newspapers to know current news and updates. They can even watch forum discussions on the television. This way it will be relaxing and fruitful also.