CLAT Application Process 2019 starts – Apply Online
CLAT 2019 Application Form – The online application process for CLAT 2019 has already begun on the official website, clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in from January 13, 2019. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination conducted annually for admission to Twenty One (21) National Law Universities for their undergraduate and postgraduate degree program. All interested candidates who wish to appear for CLAT 2019 exam can apply through the official website clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in.
Check out this post for complete info on how to register for CLAT 2019
How to apply online for CLAT 2019? See Application Process
- The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
- The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2019 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration.
- Please fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify your candidature.
- No alteration/editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission/final submission of the form. The information once furnished by the candidate with regard to the category to which the candidate belongs, the preference for the NLUs and the Centre of the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates through online application mode shall be final and no change whatsoever, shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- Relevant certificate for your respective State of Domicile. Issued by revenue department / taluk office
CLAT 2019 Application dates
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2019 will open on 13th January 2019 and close on 31st March 2019
CLAT 2019 Application Fee
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates : Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/
- The cost of previous years’ question papers: Rs.500/
- Application fees can be paid only online.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2019
- The eligibility criterion for CLAT 2019 for admission in UG and PG program is given below.
Undergraduate Program (Five Year Integrated LLB (Hons) Course)
- Candidates should be Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of (i) Forty Five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Speciality Abled Persons (SAP)/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and (ii) Forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates should be below Twenty (20) years of age in case of Unreserved/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and below twenty-two (22) years in case of SC/ST /OBC/SAP categories as on 01st July 2019.
Post-Graduate Program (One Year LLM Course)
- Candidates must be LLB or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of Fifty Five percent (55%) marks in case of Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories and Fifty percent (50%) in case of SC/ST categories. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April / May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2019
The pattern of Question Paper for the UG Courses in CLAT-2019
- Maximum Marks – 200
- Duration of CLAT-2019 Exam – 02:00 Hours
- Multiple-Choice Questions – 200 questions of one mark each
- Subject areas with weight-age:
- English including comprehension – 40 Marks
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs- 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) – 20 Marks
- Legal Aptitude – 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning – 40 Marks
- Negative Marking – 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
The pattern of Question Paper and syllabus for the PG Program in CLAT-2019
- Maximum Marks – 150
- Duration of CLAT-2019 Exam – 02:00 Hours
- Multiple-Choice Questions – 100 questions of one mark each
- Subjective Questions – 50 Marks (Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks)
- Constitutional Law – 40 Marks
- Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence – 60 Marks
- Negative Marking – 0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
Also See: CLAT 2019 Syllabus