IIT Kharagpur Executive MBA (EMBA) Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Executive MBA Admission 2019
IIT Kharagpur Executive MBA Admission 2019 - Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has invited applications for admission to Executive MBA Programme for the academic year 2019-2022.
- Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM), founded in 1993, is the first and the largest business school to be setup within the IIT system. VGSOM has a unique advantage of being a part of IIT Kharagpur- rated as the best technical institute in India. VGSOM offers postgraduate programs in Business Management.
- 3 year program, divided into 12 terms, 9 teaching terms and 3 project terms, Teaching term of 9 weeks each, three weekends-on and one weekend-off, around 15 hours of classes on a weekend of Saturdays and Sundays, 95 credits for EMBA balanced across theory and projects
- Theory Papers: 80 credits
- Management Project: 15 credits. Management Project to be conducted at the company where the student is employed or any other location, with mandatory progress presentations every term, spread over Terms X, XI & XII
See: MBA Admission Dates
Important Date for IIT Kharagpur Executive MBA Admission 2019
- Last date of online application: 4th June 2019
- Selection test and interview: 16th June 2019
- Declaration of results and first list of selected candidates: 24th June 2019
- Last date of acceptance for first list of selected candidates: 3rd July 2019
- Release of list of wait-listed candidates: 4th July 2019
- Last date of acceptance for wait-listed candidates: 11th July 2019
- Registration with Fees: 20th July 2019
- Commencement of classes: 21st July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Kharagpur Executive MBA Admission 2019
- The executives applying for this program must have at least 3 years of experience (as on 20th July, 2019) and a 1st class Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or a 1st class Masters degree in Science, Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at the Bachelors degree level), with the following criteria:
- For institutes a) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree OR b) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:
- GE/NC-OBC/EWS: Minimum of 60% marks (OR CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD: Minimum of 55% marks (OR CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale)
- For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0 the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above. Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
- The CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks if the degree awarding Institute provides marks in CGPA system. Their admission will be based on the CGPA awarded in the transcript.
IIT Kharagpur Executive MBA Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- Selection is through a written examination and interview at Kolkata (as mentioned in location). Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/EWS candidates will be as per the GOI rules applicable to IIT Kharagpur.
IIT Kharagpur Executive MBA Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online for Executive MBA Admission at Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur on the official Website www.som.iikgp.ac.in
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for Executive MBA Programme before applying for admission.
- Application fees of Rs. 1,000 (Non refundable), to be paid online as a part of the application process.
- Acceptance Fee of Rs. 10,000 (Non refundable) to be paid by 3rd July 2019 (first list) / 11th July 2019 (Second List).
- The course fee is Rs. 600,000 [Rupees Six Lakhs] for the entire course including course material.
- Application fees of Rs. 1,000 (non-refundable), to be paid online as a part of the application process.
- At Registration: Rs. 140,000 to be paid on 20th July, 2019
- Before Term III: Rs. 150,000 to be paid on 28th December, 2019
- Before Term V: Rs. 150,000 to be paid on 30th May 2020
- Before Term VII: Rs. 150,000 to be paid on 5th October 2020
- EMBA Programme is being offered at the IIT Kharagpur Kolkata Campus: IIT Kharagpur Salt Lake Centre, HC-Block III, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700 106; Tel: 033-23379793
Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal - 721302, Tel: 03222282295, Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, website www.som.iikgp.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here