K J Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission 2020, Application, Dates
K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) announces PGDM Admission 2020
K J Somaiya Mumbai PGDM Admission 2020 - KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research has released application form for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Program for the academic year 2020-22
Also See : MBA Admissions
About the KJ Somaiya
- Established in the year 1981, K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai is also popularly known as SIMSR. The institute has been granted the autonomous status by the University Grants Commission, India and notified by the University of Mumbai.
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai offers various two-years full-time PGDM Programs namely:
- PGDM (27th Batch)
- PGDM-Financial Services (9th Batch)
- PGDM-International Business (13th Batch)
- PGDM Communication (8th Batch)
- PGDM-Retail Management (13th Batch)
- PGDM-Health Care Management (2th Batch)
- PGDM Programs specialization in General, International Business (IB), Retail Management (RM), Financial Services (FS) and Communications (COM)
KJ Somaiya PGDM Admission 2020 Dates
Last date of Form Submission: 14th January 2020
Shortlist & Cut-off: 17th February 2020 (12 noon IST)
Location preference for GD/PI: 17th-20th February 2020 (12 noon IST)
GD/PI Dates: 28th February - 15th March 2020
SIMSR Merit List: 23rd March 2020 (12 noon IST)
Preference for Programme: (23rd - 26th) March 2020 (12 noon IST)
Offer Letters: 1st April 2020 Onwards
No. of Seats
PGDM: 120 Seats + 15 % Supernumerary Seats
PGDM-Financial Services: 60 Seats
PGDM-International Business: 60 Seats
PGDM Communication: 60 Seats
PGDM-Retail Management: 60 Seats
PGDM-Health Care Management: 60 Seats
Eligibility Criteria for KJ Somaiya PGDM Admission 2020
Candidates aspiring to secure admission at the different management programs offered at K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai need to first ensure that the meet the prescribed eligibility criteria. Only candidates who meet the criterion mentioned below will be eligible for participation in the 2020-22 admissions at the institute.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree of a minimum 3 years duration with atleast 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA.
Candidates must register and appear for CAT 2019/XAT 2020/CMAT 2020/GMAT (score valid from Jan 2019 till 31st Dec 2019). They are also obtaining the minimum required score to be eligible to participate in the admission process.
Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam are also eligible to apply. If shortlisted such as candidate will be considered provisionally eligible for admission and would be required to submit his/her marksheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor’s degree exam by 31st July 2020.
Work Experience is not a mandatory requirement for admission to the management programs offered at K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai.
- Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to secure admission in the various PGDM Programs offered at K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai:
- CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT*: Appear for CAT / XAT/ CMAT & GMAT* ; A candidate can apply for more than one program (PGDM/IB/FS/RM/COMM/HCM; *GMAT score valid from January 2017 till 31st December 2019
- Shortlist for GD-PI: Shortlisting of candidates on the basis of test scores; Shortlisted candidates has to fill candidate profile form and SOP
- GD-PI Process: GD-PI Process will be conducted in different cities across India; Case based Group discussion and personal in depth Interview.
- Merit List Declaration: Declaration of the consolidated merit position of the candidate; Candidate will have to fill programme preference details online.
- Online Seat Allotment: Candidate will be offered the choice of the program based on their preferences, merit positions and availability of seats
Selection Criteria for KJ Somaiya PGDM Admission 2020
The final admission selection criteria at SIMSR is as given below:
The Final Admission Selection Round at SIMSR consists of case based GD and an in-depth Personal Interview Round.
The institute awards 35% weightage to the candidate’s entrance exam score, 20% weightage to academics, 5% weightage to work experience, 25% weightage to personal interview, 17% weightage to Case based GD and 8% weightage to extracurricular activities/achievements.
The highest score with 10% weight to academics will be given to candidates who have scored more than 80% marks in Class 10, 12, graduation and also holds PG or above degree.
Weightage for work experience would ideally be given to a candidate only if he/she has worked in executive or supervisory role for a minimum period of one year. The highest weight of 5% is awarded to the candidates with a work experience between 2 and 3 years.
KJ Somaiya PGDM Admission 2020 Application Procedure
- Applicants aspiring for admission to the programs may apply online or download application form from our website www.somaiya.edu
Step 1: Registration
- Register your username and password with your correct email id and mobile no. Use genuine email id since this email id will be used for further communication. After registration, you can log in and fill the form.
- The maximum length of the username can be 15 characters, in that space, numbers and special characters are not allowed. You can use only alphabets.
- The maximum length of the password can be 15 characters.
- Note: While filling the online form Use Tab key for moving from one field to another field – use Enter key only to submit the page.
Step 2: Login
- Specify the username, password and email id used for registration. Once the Online application form is submitted and Somaiya form no. is generated, you can edit the form till the last date of online application form.
Step 3: Online Form Filling
- Fill all the information in every section (Personal, Photograph, Academic, Achievements, Work Experience and Programme Details). It is mandatory to fill all the sections before going to the payment section.
Resident Indians: Rs. 2850/- + (Applicable Transaction Charges)
NRI / FN / PIO / CIWGC: Rs. 3850/- + (Applicable Transaction Charges)
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR), Mumbai-400077 (Maharashtra), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.somaiya.edu
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here