Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur announces Master of Business Administration (MBA) Admission 2023-25, Apply now
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission 2023 – Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has invited applications for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program for the academic year 2023-25.
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission 2023
About VGSoM’s MBA Program
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the flagship postgraduate program of Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. It is a 2-year (spanning over four semesters) full-time residential program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur at VGSoM.
- Beginning of online submission of application form : 22nd December, 2022(Thursday)
- Last Date of Online Application Form : 5th February, 2023(Sunday)
- Form Correction Window : 6th to 8th February, 2023
- Online Personal Interview :
- Schedule 1: 03rd March to 05th March 2023
- Schedule 2: 11th March to 13th March 2023
- Schedule 3: 25th March to 27th March 2023
- Declaration of Admission Results : 29th April to 04th May 2023
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA Programme of the Institute should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Science, Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level)* with the following criteria:
- A candidate must have any of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree of minimum 4-year duration in engineering, technology, pharmacy, medicine, or similar disciplines; OR
- Master’s degree in Science/Economics/Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level); with:
- GE/NC-OBC:Minimum of 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD:Minimum of 55% marks (or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10-point scale)
- For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0, the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, if selected, the admission of such candidates to the program will be provisional, only if (s)he submits a certificate latest by May 31, 2023 from the competent authorities of his/her university/college/institute (issued on or before May 31, 2023) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
- Applicants must be in good health. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness to be submitted during registration, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final
- Candidates belonging to PwD category seeking admission to MBA are required to appear before a medical board on or before October 31, 2023 at IIT Kharagpur. The decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes binding to the candidate
- Eligible Candidates can apply online only through the University website https://som.iitkgp.ac.in/
- After taking the CAT 2021 examination, domestic candidates seeking admission to the MBA programme must complete the following procedure:
- Step 1 : Complete the online application form available at the ERP portal of IIT Kharagpur, accessible through https://som.iitkgp.ac.in/MBA/
- The application form must be completed in all respects. Any incomplete form will automatically be rejected from further consideration.
- Step 2 : While submitting the online application form, make a payment for an application fee (Rs. 1600 for General & NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD).
- Female candidates will be charged the same level of application fee as paid by male candidates of respective categories.
- For General & NC-OBC candidates : Rs. 1600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates : Rs. 800/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking
- The selection of candidates for admission to the 2023-2025 batch of MBA at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur is a two-step process.
- First, the candidates who have applied successfully to the program are shortlisted for Personal Interview (Online-PI).
- Secondly, the candidates who have been selected through the Online-PI process are offered final admission to MBA on the basis of a cumulative performance score based on application rating and performance in Online-PI.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- MBA Admission Notification and Dates 2022
- MBA Admission Process in India
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates 2022