JEE Main 2020 Exam: The Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) is the first stage to secure a seat in India’s top engineering colleges. The exam is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). The JEE Main exam is considered as one of the toughest competitive exams in India. It will be held at 233 cities in India and nine foreign cities in the year 2020. Check out the JEE Main Exam Centers 2020 list here. The question papers will be separate for admission to B.E. / B.Tech., B.Arch, and B.Plan courses. All the exams except the drawing test for architecture will be through computer-based mode only. From 2019, the JEE Main exam is being conducted twice a year. The same will be followed in the year 2020. The exam will be held once in January and again in April. Students can appear in both the shifts or can give the test only once. If they write twice, the best score of the two exams will be considered for the ranking. There are many advantages of the two shift system. Let us have a look at the benefits that a candidate can get by appearing in both the shifts of the JEE Main exam that will be held in the year 2020-
- It gives sufficient time to a student to prepare well for the board exams. The marks you score in boards act as a filter during college admissions. They are essential for the entire life, as even in job interviews they are used as a criteria for selection. You must get a good score in the class 12 Board exams and appearing in both the shifts of JEE Main exam enables a student to prepare well for the board exams too.
- There is no harm in taking the exam twice. As the best score is chosen, it is a no-loss scenario. The student gets an opportunity to attempt the paper twice and the better score of the two attempts will be taken as his final score.
- After appearing in the January session, students can write the second exam in April more confidently. The January exam will be like a rehearsal. It is like a second chance given for improvement. They need not waste one entire year if the score in the first attempt is not good.
- Those who score well right in the first shift have more time to prepare for higher-level exams like JEE Advanced. We have compiled a List of JEE Advanced participating Institutes and Courses.
- The best part is that if you take up the JEE Main exam twice in 2020, you still have two more attempts left. That is, giving the JEE Exam twice in the same year is equivalent to a single attempt.
- For the January exam, you will get only the normalized percentile score and not the rank. So, most of the students go for a second session in April.
The students must prepare well for both the sessions. As the score is a normalized percentile score, how well you do relative to other candidates, matters more than your raw score. Check out the detailed ranking procedure for the JEE Main exam 2020 here.