NATA Exam Pattern 2024 Check Exam Structure and Marking Scheme
NATA Exam Pattern 2024 – The Council of Architecture (CoA) releases the NATA 2024 exam pattern on its official website and in the official notification. As per the NATA exam pattern, the exam will be conducted for 3 hours, in online mode. The medium of NATA 2024 will be English only.
The NATA paper pattern will give the candidates an idea about the exam difficulty level and the topics from which questions are commonly asked. Read on to learn more about the NATA 2024 exam pattern.
NATA Exam Pattern 2024 Highlights
Candidates can check the following table to know the NATA 2024 exam pattern:
Total Number of Questions
Type of Questions
The questions will be of 1 or 2, or 3 marks
NATA 2024 Marking Scheme
NATA 2024 Marking Scheme is mentioned below.
- Each Question Carries either 1, 2 or 3 Marks. However, the Council of Architecture did not specify the number of questions under each section.
- No Negative Marking for wrong answers
- No marks are deducted for unmarked questions
NATA 2024 Schedule Highlight
The NATA 2024 Exam Schedule will be released soon and updated here.
Candidates can refer to the NATA 2023 Exam Schedule below-
NATA 2024 Exam Day Instructions
Candidates must carry the following items into the exam hall:
- Downloaded admit card of NATA- 2024.
- Original proof of identity- Aadhar/passport/driving licence/voter ID/valid photo ID document.
NATA 2024 Exam Day Instructions-
- For admission into the examination hall, candidates must present their admit card on demand. The Centre-in-Charge will not allow a candidate who does not have a printout of the downloaded admit card and a valid picture ID to enter the examination hall.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of paper, or any prohibited material as per the official notification inside the examination hall, will be debarred from appearing in the examination.
- Candidates’ entry won’t be allowed if they carry mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, calculators, slide rules, log tables, or electronic watches with calculator functions. A candidate’s candidature may be cancelled if they possess such items during the examinations.
- Candidates must remain silent during the examination. Any conversation, gesticulation, or disruption in the exam room will be considered a misdemeanour.
- Candidates must follow the government’s advisories/guidelines/precautions for Covid-19 containment. Furthermore, candidates must follow the guidelines set by the Council of Architecture for NATA 2024. As a precaution, no COVID positive candidates will be permitted to take the NATA exam.
- The candidature will be cancelled outright if a candidate is found to be impersonating and the concerned examinee will be turned over to the police. The council may also bar such candidates from appearing in NATA examinations for two years.
Section-wise Preparation Tips for NATA 2024
The core drive of this examination is to scrutinise candidates’ abilities which include visual perception, critical study, aesthetic insight, logical computation, and cognitive mastery.
Apart from the NATA 2024 Standard Books, Candidates should follow these tips to ace each section of the NATA exam.
Aptitude: Candidates should keep their general knowledge updated and you should have information on various topics such as Buildings in India and the World, speed distance and time, Important Architects of India and the World. Candidates should emphasise on criterions like area, volume Mirror Images, Building Materials and Terminology, Common Architectural Terminology, 2D and 3D objects and their plans and elevations, etc.
Maths: For Maths practice, it is advisable to go through CBSE books. The maths portion is usually easy and you can score well in this section if you’ve studied your CBSE Maths books properly.
Physics: All the questions asked in NATA from physics are of a basic Level. Candidates can refer to NCERTs to cover fundamentals on each topic. Then they can memorise formulae for solving the numerical of each topic.
Drawing: In this paper, you have to attempt two drawing questions in 90 minutes. You should keep the following points in mind while preparing for the Drawing section
- Drawing from day to day experiences;
- Understanding of scale and balance;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in a given proportion;
- Creating an interesting 2-D composition using given shapes and forms;
- Combining and composing given 3-D elements to form a building or structural form;
- Sense of perspective drawing
NATA Exam Pattern FAQs
Q: What is the mode of examination of NATA 2024?
Ans: NATA 2024 will be conducted as a computer-based online examination.
Q: How many questions will be asked in the NATA 2024 exam?
Ans: A total of 125 questions will be asked in the NATA exam.
Q: For how many marks will the NATA exam be conducted?
Ans: NATA 2024 exam will be conducted for 200 marks.
Q: What are the qualifying marks for NATA 2024?
Ans: NATA cut-off 2024 will be released by the authority. Candidates had to score at least 75 marks in the previous year to qualify for NATA.
Q: What type of questions will be asked in NATA 2024?
Ans: NATA 2024 comprises Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select types (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAQ).
The NATA paper pattern will give the candidates an idea about the exam difficulty level and the topics from which questions are commonly asked. The exam will be conducted for 3 hours online. The medium of NATA 2024 will be English. The questions are designed to assess the candidate’s knowledge of basic concepts of mathematics, physics and geometry, language and interpretation, elements and principles of design, aesthetic sensitivity, colour theory, lateral thinking and logical reasoning, visual perception and cognition, graphics and imagery, building anatomy and architectural vocabulary, basic techniques of building construction and knowledge of material, general knowledge and current affairs, etc
As per the NATA marking scheme, candidates will be asked questions of 1, 2, and 3 marks. There will not be any negative marking for answers mismarked.
Also See :
- NATA Exam 2024
- NATA registration 2024
- NATA 2024 Exam pattern 2024
- NATA 2024 Syllabus 2024
- NATA Eligibility criteria 2024