JEST 2019 Registration – Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2019 application process has begun on its official website from November 10, 2018. According to a notification released earlier, the application process was supposed to start from November 1, 2018. JEST is recognized as a National Eligibility Test (NET) by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) for admission to Ph.D. / Integrated Ph.D. Program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology.
Participating Institutes have their own eligibility criteria. Applicants who are expected to complete their final exams by August of each year are also eligible to appear for the JEST Test 2019.
Also See : JEST 2019 Notification
Following are the eligibility criteria on the basis of programmes aspirants are looking forth for –
Ph.D. Programme Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
- Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.An in Computer Science
Ph.D. in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and a strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B. Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics, with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
Sc. Programme at HRI
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
Mentioned above is the eligibility criteria for the JEST Test 2019 for all the aspirants of the exam.