Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) 2020 February for Recruitment of Permanent and SSC Officers (Pilot, Observer & Other Posts)
INET 2020 Indian Navy Entrance Test for SSC Officer Recruitment – Application are invited from unmarried eligible Men & Women candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in under- mentioned branch/ entries in the Indian Navy for course Commencing Jan 21 at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala through Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET).
Naval Orientation Course (NOC) Regular – Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre / Air Traffic Controller / Observer/Pilot/ Logistics /Information Technology /GS (X)/ Hydro /Technical (Engineering & Electrical/Education
Post wise Vacancy Details
- SSC Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC) – 06 Vacancies (Men & Women); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jul 2001
- SSC ATC – 04 Vacancies (Men & Women); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jan 2000
- SSC Observer – 06 Vacancies (Men & Women); Born Between-02 Jan 1997 & 01 Jan 2002
- SSC Pilot (MR) – 03 Vacancies (Men & Women); Born Between-02 Jan 1997 & 01 Jan 2002
- SSC Pilot (Other than MR) – 06 Vacancies (Men); Born Between-02 Jan 1997 & 01 Jan 2002
- SSC Logistics – 11 Vacancies (Men & Women); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jul 2001
- SSC X (IT) – 10 Vacancies (Men); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jul 2001
- SSC General Service (GS/X)/ Hydro Cadre – 30 Vacancies (27 GS/X+3 Hydro) (Men); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jul 2001
- SSC Engineering Branch (GS): 26 Vacancies (Men); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jul 2001
- SSC Electrical Branch (GS): 27 Vacancies (Men); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jul 2001
- SSC Education: 15 Vacancies (Men & Women); Born Between-02 Jan 1996 & 01 Jan 2000
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment
SSC Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC):
- BE/B.Tech from AICTE recognized institute / university with minimum 60% marks in Mechanical / Mechanical with Automation / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics / Microelectronics / Instrumentation / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication /Instrumentation & Control / Control Engineering / Production / Industrial Production / Industrial Engineering / Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Instrumentation / Information Technology / Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Computer Application / Metallurgy / Metallurgical / Chemical/Material Science / AeroSpace / Aeronautical Engineering OR
- Post Graduate degree in Electronics / Physics. Candidate must have 60% aggregate marks in class X and XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class X or class XII.
SSC ATC/ SSC Observer/ SSC Pilot (MR)/ SSC Pilot (Other Than MR):
- BE/ B.Tech in any discipline from AICTE recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks. (Candidate must have 60% aggregate marks in Class X and XII and minimum 60% marks in english in Class X or Class XII).
- BE/B.Tech in any discipline with First Class from AICTE recognized Institute/ University, or
- MBA with First Class, or
- B.Sc / B.Com/ B.Sc.(IT) with First class with a PG Diploma in Finance / Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Material Management, or
- MCA / M.Sc (IT) with First Class
SSC X (IT):
- BE/B.Tech from AICTE recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in Computer Science / Computer Engg / IT / M.Sc (Computer) / MCA.
SSC General Service (GS/X)/ Hydro Cadre:
- BE/B.Tech in any discipline with First Class from AICTE recognized Institute/ University.
SSC Engineering Branch (GS):
- BE/B.Tech from AICTE recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in streams (i) Mechanical/ Mechanical with Automation (ii) Marine (iii) Instrumentation (iv) Production (v) Aeronautical (vi) ) Industrial Engineering & Management (vii) Control Engg (viii) Aero Space (ix) Automobiles (x) Metallurgy (xi) Mechatronics (xii) Instrumentation & Control.
SSC Electrical Branch (GS):
- BE/B.Tech from AICTE recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in streams (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Telecommunication (iv) Electronics & Communication (v) Power Engineering (vi) Power Electronics (vii) Electronics & Instrumentation /Applied Electronics & Instrumentation (viii) Instrumentation & Control (ix) Instrumentation, (x) Applied Electronics and Communication (AEC).
- First Class in M.Sc. (Maths/ Operational Research) with Physics in B.Sc.
- First Class in M.Sc. (Physics/ Nuclear Physics) with Maths in B.Sc.
- First Class in M.Sc. (Meteorology /Oceanology/ Atmospheric Science)
- BE/B.Tech from AICTE recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks (Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Technology/ Information Systems/ Computer Engineering)
- BE / B.Tech from AICTE recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks (Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electrical)
- BE / B.Tech from AICTE recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates applying for the Education entry must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in class X and class XI| and minimum 60% marks in English in class X or class XII.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy SSC officer Recruitment
- Exam Centre: All candidates, whose applications are received by the due date, will be called for INET (O) to be conducted tentatively in Feb 20 at the designated INET (O) Centres. call up letters cum Admit Card for online examination indicating date, time and place, which is scheduled during Feb 2020, would be required to be downloaded from the official website tentatively by last week of January 2020. Only Electronic mode of communication will be used while contacting the candidates at all states of selection.
- INET (O) Syllabus: INET (O) will be of two hours duration. It will contain 100 MCQ comprising Question of English, Reasoning & Numerical Ability, General Science, Mathematical Aptitude & General Knowledge. Each section will be of 100 marks with negative marking of one for incorrect answer.
Shortlisting for SSB
- IHQ MoD (N) reserves the right to shortlist up to approximately 8000 candidates for SSB, Strictly on the basis of INET (O) rank and choice of preference of entries mentioned by the candidate in the application. Candidates are required to qualify in all sections of INET (O) to be considered for shortlisting to appear in SSB interview. No communication will be entertained in this regard. SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be tentatively scheduled from April 2020 at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview through email or SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their email/Mobile number till the selection process is over.
See: Government Jobs 2021
- Details of SSB procedure are available on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- SSB recommended candidates are required to undergo medical exam as applicable to their entry. Candidates of Pilot entry are required to undergo Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) followed by Aviation medical exam. Candidates for Observer entry are to undergo Aviation medical examination.
Merit List & Appointment letter
- Merit list of all candidates will be based on combined marks of INET(O) & SSB, in the entry for which the candidate has undergone SSB interview and medical exam. No change of entry will permitted/ entertained after allocation of entry for SSB interview.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of each branch/ cadre based on availability of number of vacancies in various branches/ Cadres.
- Candidates (SC/ST/women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 215/- through online mode.
- Admit card will be issued for the exam only to those candidates who have successfully paid to exam fee and who are entitled for waiver of exam fee.
INET 2020 February Application Process
- Candidates are to register and fill application on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. TO save time during the application submission window, candidates can fill in their details and upload documents in advance.
- Online (e-application): Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as email address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled
- All relevant documents (preferably in original), marks sheets upto 5th & 7th semester for regular and integrated B.E. / B.Tech courses & other degree exam respectively, date of birth proof (as per 10th & 12th certificate), CGPA Conversion Formula for Be/B.Tech, Commercial Pilot License (CPL) ISSUED BY DGCA, government of India, and a recent passport size color photograph should be scanned in original JPG/TIFF Format, for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- In Any scanned document is not legible/ readable for any reason the application will be rejected. candidates are to take print out of application and carry it while appearing for INET (O) or SSB interview.
INET 2020 February Important Dates
- Starting Date of Online Application: 29th November 2019
- Last date for online application: 19th December 2019
- Admit Card: Last week of January 2020
- Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET): February 2020
- SSB Interview: April 2020