Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) Pune notifies National Admission Test (INAT) 2023, Apply now
IUCAA NAT 2023 – The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune is going to conduct IUCAA National Admission Test (INAT) to select candidates to pursue a Ph.D. degree with scholarship at IUCAA.
IUCAA NAT (INAT) 2023
- The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune (an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission), is a leading centre of research in a wide range of areas in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Physics. IUCAA is located in the Savitribai Phule Pune University campus.
- Last date for submission of online application forms: 13 December 2022
- Last date for online submission of Assessment Forms: 19 December 2022
- INAT 2023 Admission Test Date: 08 February 2023, at 10:00 a.m.
- INAT 2023 Interview Dates: 08-09 February 2023
- Students who have completed or expect to complete their M.Sc./ Integrated M.Sc. in Physics/ Astronomy/ Applied Mathematics or B.E./ B.Tech./ M.E./ M.Tech. in any branch by July 2023 with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for INAT-2023.
- In addition, talented final-year B.Sc., 1st year M.Sc., 3rd/ 4th year Integrated M.Sc. and 2nd/ 3rd year B.E./ B.Tech. students may also apply to be pre-selected for the Ph.D. programme at IUCAA.
- Candidates have to apply online on http://inat.iucaa.in/
- There are TWO steps in the application procedure.
- Candidates must first register by entering their name and valid e-mail address in the appropriate registration boxes below. An application password will then be automatically sent to the candidates email address.
- The e-mail address and the password must be entered in order to fill out the Online Application Form. The Application Form also requires the names and e-mail addresses of two referees.
- When the form is submitted, the candidate will receive an email containing his/her Online ID, an account password, and confirmation that s/he has applied for INAT-2023.
- E-mails will also be automatically sent to the two referees, requesting them to fill and submit the online Confidential Assessment Form. The candidates should inform their referees about the Assessment Form.
- Note that each applicant must submit his/her Application Form before the referee fills the Assessment Form.
- Based on the applications and referee assessments, a subset of the candidates will be short-listed and invited to take the written test, to be held in Pune on Wednesday, February 08, 2023.
- All candidates should report at the Chandrasekhar Auditorium, IUCAA, with the necessary documents for verification (the ones mentioned above, the Admit letter, for all invited candidates).
- Registration for the test will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 9:45 a.m. A seat in the test is not guaranteed unless registration is completed by the candidate during this period.
- The final selection to the research scholarship will be based on the results of the written test (on Wednesday, February 08, 2023) and two interviews (on February 08 – 09, 2023), all to be held at IUCAA, Pune.
- Note that the selection through INAT is in addition to the selection through the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST).
- The test will be of TWO hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English.
- The questions will be from basic Physics, Mathematics, Electronics/ Engineering to advanced areas of the same subjects and consists of three parts:
- Part – A: Basic Physics, Mathematics, and Engineering
- Part – B: Advanced Physics, Mathematics and Engineering
- Part – C: Both basic and advanced areas of Physics, Mathematics and Engineering
INAT Exam Pattern
|Question paper||Type||No. of questions||marks for each question|
|Part-C||Integer type (all answers are in integers of 3 digits)||6||3|
- Part-A – Yes (-1)
- Part-B – Yes (-1)
- Part-C – No
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023
- Latest Entrance Exam Notification and Dates 2023