ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 Notification for Admission to Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PGS)
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 – The Indian Council of Agricultural Research ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 ICAR’s All India Entrance Exam for Admission to Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PGS) has been released.
See : ICAR AIEEA 2019 Admit Card release postponed, check here for new released date
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has entrusted the responsibility of conducting All India Entrance Exams for admission to Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PGS) to NTA from 2019 onwards.
See : ICAR AIEEA 2019 Registration last date extended, check here for new date
For more details on the important dates, the eligibility, the overview, the application fees, the mode of payment and more, check the page below:
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019
- The centralized admission to 25% of the seats (subject to at least one seat for each discipline having Ph.D. degree programme in the University) of Ph.D degree programmes is in the universities under the ICAR-AU system was introduced in the Academic Session 2015-16. For the academic session 2019-20 admissions to 25% seats (100% in CAUs and ICAR-DU, viz ICAR-IVRI) accredited doctoral degree programmes will be granted at accredited colleges in accredited Agricultural Universities under the ICAR AU system.
- The examination will be conducted in 16 Major Subject Groups comprising 60 sub-subjects/disciplines at 87 cities (Annexure-I) all over the country enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission to different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences. Based on the rank of candidates in the All India Merit List based on this examination and availability of seat in a particular subject/discipline opted in the desired university, ICAR shall award JRF/SRF(PGS) to 300 candidates.
See: PhD Entrance Exams
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 Important Dates
Schedule for important exam related activities have been given in below. However, candidates are requested to keep themselves updated about the schedule through NTA and ICAR websites www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in and www.icar.org.in.
- Online Submission of Application Form (upto 11:50 pm of 30th April 2019):
01st April to 30th April 2019 extended to 8th May 2019
- Last Date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking upto 11:50 pm through e-challan upto bank hours of
01st May 2019 extended to 9th May 2019
- Online Correction in particulars of Application Form (on website only) (No corrections shall be allowed after 20th May 2019):
07th & 14th May 2019 extended to 13th May 2019 to 20th May 2019
- Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA Website:
05th June 2019 extended to 19th June 2019
- Date of Exam: 01st July 2019
- Duration of Exam: 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Timing of Exam: 02:30 p.m. to 05:30 pm
- Centre, Date & Shift of Exam: As indicated on the e-Admit Card
- Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys on NTA website: To be communicated on NTA website later
- Submission of Challenges on NTA website: To be communicated on NTA website later
- Updation of result/marks of qualifying Exam (in case of appearing candidates): To be communicated on NTA website later
- Declaration of Result on ICAR Website: By 17th July 2019
- Schedule for Online Counselling: To be announced by the ICAR separately
See: NTA to conduct ICAR AIEEA, ICAR AICE JRF/ SRF 2019
Eligibility Criteria for ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019
General Eligibility Criteria to appear in ICAR-AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019
- Indian nationals who have passed Master’s Degree programme with a minimum of Overall Grade Point Average(OGPA) as shown in Table 2 from any recognized University in India and abroad would be eligible to apply for the AICE – JRF/SRF (PGS).
- Candidates passed out from private Agricultural Universities/Colleges not accredited by ICAR will not be considered for admission through this examination.
- Further, in case any degree from a particular college/university is not considered for admission by an Agricultural University or any particular college/university has been derecognized by VCI/UGC/ICAR or due to any Court directives (present or future) will not be responsible for admitting students of that college/university in the Universities not willing to admit such candidates.
- In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured a minimum percent score as shown in the table below
- General, OBC (NCL)and UPS/ EWS: 60%
- SC/ST/PwD/: 50%
- Where OGPA is awarded, equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable.
- There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtains 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
- Merely qualifying the examination will not guarantee JRF/SRF/Admission. It would be governed by rules and regulations of ICAR and concerned University.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for the examination as well as admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for AICE-JRF/SRF(PG)-2019, appearing in the examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. The applicant for a particular Subject must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified in this Information Bulletin (or its amendments / corrections)
Instructions for in-service candidates
- The in-service candidates must be working in ICAR Institutes, DUs, SAUs, CAUs, CUs having faculty of agriculture, Central Government/State Government Departments dealing in Agriculture and Allied Sectors and Public Sector Undertakings dealing with Agriculture and Allied Sectors (Annexure XXI). In-service candidates desirous of admission in ICAR-DUs (ICAR-IARI, ICAR-IVRI and ICAR-CIFE) should appear in the entrance examination conducted by the respective ICAR-DU.
- The in-service candidates qualifying for admission will arrange for study leave/leave of the kind due from their respective organizations themselves and ICAR will not intervene in this regard.
- The in-service candidates will qualify for admission only if they come in the overall merit list of their concerned Sub-subject and produce the Sponsorship Certificate/Declaration by their employer for verification at the time of counselling.
Eligibility Qualifications at Master’s level
- In order to appear in AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019 from a specific Major Subject, candidates must have completed Master’s degree in relevant subject
- Candidate must fulfill the eligibility conditions as indicated. They are generally eligible for pursuing Doctoral degree in the subject in which they have passed their post graduation.
- For certain subjects/courses, the universities may have different/additional eligibility condition/criteria than those listed. It is the responsibility of the candidate to check his/her eligibility with the concerned university at the time of counseling.
- For admission to Ph.D. degree programmes through the entrance examination, only the candidates having passed graduation with 4/5(B.V.Sc.& A.H.)/6(10+6,BSc. Ag.) years degree programme from any recognized University will be eligible. In addition to this, 2 years’ PG degree with thesis work is the essential requirements for admission to doctoral degree programmes in the AUs. The candidates having passed with 3 years’ UG degree programme are not eligible for Ph.D. admission through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019.
- Indian Nationals of at least 20 years of age as on 01.07.2019 (i.e. the date of examination)are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is permissible regarding the minimum age limit.
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 Exam Scheme
The test of AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) 2019 has a single paper of 3 hours duration. Details of the test are given below:
- Mode of Exam: LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Number of Questions: 200 (20 + 180)
- 20 – General knowledge/reasoning ability
- 180 – Sub-subjects under the Major Subject chosen by the candidate
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions with 4 options
- Maximum Marks : 800 (80+720)
- Scoring: 4 for each correct response; -1 for each incorrect response (negative scoring); 0 for non-attempt
- Medium of Paper: English only
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 Syllabus
- The Examination Paper for the test shall be based on the syllabus of Major Subject groups and Sub-Subject groups as prescribed by the ICAR, available at website www.icar.org.in or https://www.icar.org.in/content/syllabus-aieea-ug-aieea-pg-and-aice-jrfsrfpgs-2019..
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 Exam Centres
- The Centre-Cities where the AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS)-2019 will be conducted are given in Annexure- I. While applying candidates have to select any four cities of their choice for AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS)-2019. The efforts will be made to allot city of examination to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their application form..
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 Application Process
- NTA is the exam conducting body and its scope is limited to conducting the exam and providing the raw scores to ICAR. Candidates must note that all applicants shall be bound by the conditions as laid down in this Information Bulletin, and the rules and regulations as enshrined in the admitting University Act, Statutes, Ordinances, notifications and guidelines issued from time to time.
- The online submission of Application Form for ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in. The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and the required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference.
- Before filling and submitting the Online Application Form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates must keep the following information ready before filling online Application Form:
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of the submission of online application.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process
Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. for future reference
- Step 2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 3: Make payment of fee using a suitable mode of payment through the bank as per details are given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step 4: Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
- The entire application process is online. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA or ICAR through Post/ Fax/By Hand.
Mode and Method of Payment of Fee
Application Fee payable by the Candidates of Various Categories:
- General/Unreserved, OBC-NCL* & UPS**/EWS** Rs.1700/-
- SC/ST, PwD and Transgender Rs.850/-
- Applicable Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate
- Other Backward Classes-Non-Creamy Layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in
See: Entrance Exam Dates
ICAR AIEEA JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 Admit Card
- The e-Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the e-Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 05th June 2019 onwards and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their e-Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam center, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their e-Admit Card.
- In case candidates are unable to download e-Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 05:00 pm from 05th June 2019 to 30th June 2019.
Declaration of Result
- Overall merit-rank list shall be prepared separately for every Sub-subject under each Major Subject Group as per the Information given by the candidate in the Online Application Form. In the event of candidates getting equal marks in the Entrance examination, relative merit will be determined on the basis of OGPA/ % of marks as applicable obtained in the qualifying Master’s degree examination. In the event of tie again, a candidate, higher in age, would be rated higher in merit. Category-wise final merit list for counseling shall be prepared by ICAR based on the reservation category information given by the candidate in the Online Application Form.
The result of the AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019 is likely to be declared by 17 July, 2019 and will be placed along with the schedule of online counselling on the ICAR website www.icar.org.in.