AIIMS MBBS 2019 Entrance Exam for admission in AIIMS Delhi and 8 other AIIMS Institutes
AIIMS MBBS 2019 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi invites application for registration in the prescribed form through online mode only for the Entrance Examination for admission to the AIIMS MBBS course in nine AIIMS institutes (New Delhi, Patna, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Rishikesh Raipur, Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) and Nagpur (Maharashtra) for the academic session 2019. AIIMS is one of the few institutions which hold an individual medical entrance exam for undergraduate medical program (MBBS) admissions. JIPMER Pondicherry also holds a seperate entrance test for MBBS Admissions in JIPMER. For admissions to all other Medical Colleges (both Government and Private), NEET UG Scores are considered. Read on to know more about AIIMS MBBS 2019
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Important Dates
The dates for AIIMS MBBS entrance 2019 has been released on the official website of AIIMS. AIIMS MBBS 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 25 & 26 May 2019 .Interested candidates can log on the website aiimsexams.org and check the details for the upcoming AIIMS MBBS examination. Apart from the MBBS Entrance exam 2018 schedule, the dates for other courses have also been announced.
Online Registration for ApplicationsBasic Registration (PAAR) for MBBS-2019
Start Date: 30th November 2018
Closing Date: 03rd January 2019 (05.00 PM)
Status update (Accepted & Not Accepted) of Basic Registration07th January 2019
Correction of deficiencies in Basic Registration that are not Accepted: 08th to 18th January 2019
Final Status (Accepted & Rejected) of Basic Registration for MBBS-2019: 22nd January 2019
Uploading of Prospectus: 29th January 2019
Generation of Code for Final Registration i.e. payment of fees and city choice for MBBS-2019 only for those whose Basic Registration is accepted: 29th January 2019 – 17th February 2019 (05:00 PM)
Final Registration(Payment of fees and city choice only for those who haveGenerated Code forpayment & city choice): 21st February 2019 – 12th March 2019(05:00 PM)
Hosting/uploading the Admit Cards on AIIMS Website: 15th May2019
Date of Examination: 25th May2019 (Saturday) & 26th May2019 (Sunday)
Examination Timings: 1st Shift (Each Day)09:00 AM – 12:30 PM and; 2nd Shift (Each Day)03:00 PM – 06:30 PM
Examination Centers: Different Cities all over India
Duration of the course
- The Course of studies leading to the award of degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences shall last for a minimum of five and half academic years including one year’s compulsory internship
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be completed the age of 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission
- Candidates must be passed in 12th class examination or equivalent exam from any recognized board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with securing minimum 60% marks for General & OBC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/OPH Candidates
- Candidates appearing in 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non Resident Indians (NRI)
- OCI and NRI are also eligible to appear for the entrance test and all term and conditions applicable for Indian nationals will be applicable to them.
Foreign Nationals (Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only):
- Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the M.B.B.S. Course. Foreign Nationals are required to contact the Indian Mission/Post abroad in their country and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi for nomination.
- Foreign candidates nominated by the government of India are not required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
Application form – Steps to apply online
- Candidates are advised to visit the website www.aiimsexams.org regularly for the Prospectus, detailed instruction and online registration etc. Any subsequent Addendum/Corrigendum / Updates/Information etc will only be uploaded on the website
- Mode of Payment – Through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking)
- Before starting the Registration Form, aspirants are advised to get acquainted with the major activities so that while filling the online Registration Form they may be well versed with the processes
Step to Apply online
- Open the website of All India Institute of Medical Sciences. The URL of the website is https://www.aiimsexams.org.
- By clicking Academic Courses tab, a Candidate can navigate to the desired course i.e. MBBS in order to register for applying to appear in the MBBS Entrance Examination.
- Online Application for MBBS Entrance Examination is a Six (6) steps process, all Six(6) steps are mandatory and must be completed before Application closing date
- For New Registration, click on Click Here button on New Registration Page. For already registered candidate, enter Candidate Id, Password (already sent on registered email id) and Captcha and then click on Login button.
- On clicking the Click here button Next page shown will be the “Instruction Page” that contains the information regarding the various steps of Application Form.
- After reading all the instruction given on the page, click on “Proceed” button
Step 1: Registration
- Candidate should fill in all the required information in the Application Form like Candidate full name, Father Name, Mother name, DOB, Category, PWBD Status and Nationality etc. and Read the Declaration of Eligibility carefully and give consent on it before submitting the form.
- After filling the required information then click on “Register” button.
- After clicking the button a message will appear on screen containing ‘Candidate ID’. An Email and SMS will also be sent to registered E-mail Id and mobile number having Login Credentials i.e. Candidate ID and password. Please note this candidate id for future references
- Login with the provided login Credentials i.e. Candidate Id and Password and correct Captcha. On first time login, candidate has to change password through Change Password page.
- Re-login with the new changed password to complete due steps of Application Process.
Step 2: Make Payment
- On Clicking “Proceed” button candidate navigates to Make Payment page to pay Application Fee. Payment of Application fee can only be done through Online Mode i.e. Debit/Credit card and Internet Banking
- Candidate must remember to take printout of Payment Receipt as a proof of successful payment of Application fee by clicking on Print button.
Step 3: City Choice
- The third step of Application is City Choice for entrance examination. After successful payment of Application fee candidate will be directed to City Choice Page by clicking the Proceed to Step 3 button.
Step 4: Qualification & Address Details
- After third step of Application process is completed, the next step is to fill Qualification & Address Details. Candidate should fill all the information asked for regarding Qualifying Examination like Name, Status, and Board of Exam etc. and complete permanent and correspondence address.
Step 5: Upload Images
- In 5th step of Application form, Candidate needs to upload his/her latest passport size Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression. The supported digital image format includes .gif, .png, .jpg/jpeg.
Step 6: Print Application Form (This is the most important step of Application process)
- The sixth and the Last Step is Print Application Form. Candidate must take print of Application Form once all steps of registration are completed. Click on Proceed button and take printout of Application Form.
- Check all the details in Application Form carefully, if some entered information is to be corrected/ edited then click on edit button, do the necessary corrections and then click on Final Submit button.
- Candidate shall get an Acknowledgement Mail from AIIMS on clicking Final Submit button. If Final Submission of Application Form is not done, Acknowledgement mail will not be sent and Application will be treated as Incomplete.
- Rs.1500/- For GEN/OBC (Creamy & Non-Creamy) categories.
- Rs. 1200/- For SC/ST category
Selection Procedure of AIIMS MBBS 2019
The selection procedure is based on the merit of the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam.
- The applicants will appear in the AIIMS MBBS entrance test.
- A common merit list will be prepared based on the result of AIIMS MBBS 2019
- Separate merit lists will be prepared for the SC, SC and OBC candidates.
- The candidates will be called for the counselling at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- In the counselling, Seats will be allotted in all the nine AIIMS institutes.
- The selected candidates will have to report to the respective AIIMS institute to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board.
- Candidates selected for admission to the MBBS course at the AIIMS should bring the original certificates/ testimonials/ documents at the time of admission
Syllabus for AIIMS MBBS 2019
- No syllabus has been prescribed by the Institute for the examination. The general standard of the syllabus covered in Entrance Examination will be that of 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Intermediate Science.
- The topic covered will be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Oscillations and Waves, Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases, etc.
Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, s -Block Elements, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques, etc.
Biology: Diversity of Living Organisms, Cell: Structure and Function, Human Physiology, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology and Environment, etc.
General Knowledge: Current Affairs Business, Punchline of companies, Top officials of big companies, Famous award and prizes, Major corporate events, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, etc
- The AIIMS question paper will be provided in English or Hindi depending upon the choice made by the candidate while applying for the AIIMS MBBS 2019 examination.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Exam Pattern
- The entrance examination will be conducted only in online mode [Computer Based Test (CBT)] in two shifts (09.00 am to 12.30 pm and 03.00 pm to 06.30 pm)
- The duration of the examination shall be 3 ½ hours
- Syllabus for AIIMS MBBS 2019
- Examination will have one paper consisting of 200 objective type (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions
- Physics – 60 questions
- Chemistry – 60 questions
- Biology – 60 questions
- General Knowledge – 10 questions
- Aptitude & Logical Thinking – 10 questions
- Total: 200
- Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark
- Each incorrect response will get a score of – 1⁄3 (minus-one-third)
- No credit will be given for the questions not answered or marked for review
- The seat reservation for different categories will be followed by 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC, for Indian Nationals. A 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Admit Card
- A downloadable Admit Card will be hosted for all the eligible candidates on website: www.aiimsexams.org tentatively from 2nd week of May 2019.
- All the candidates must take a printout of the same.
- The Admit card will not be sent by post.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre unless he/she possess a Admit Card valid for that date and shift. All requirements mentioned in the Admit Card including production of the ORIGINAL PHOTO ID entered in the Online Application must be complied with for entry into the examination centre. The admit card must bear the details of printout such as IP address etc.
- Candidates are advised to preserve a copy of the Admit Card till allotment of seat in College/Institute.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences was established by an Act of Parliament of 1956 as an autonomous institution of national importance and its objectives and functions were defined. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions.
- The degrees and diplomas awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and notwithstanding anything contained in the Medical Council Act, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from other universities of India.
- The prime focus of the Institute (AIIMS) is to develop patterns of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all the branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and allied institutions in India.
- The other important objectives of the Institute is to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all the important branches of health activities and to attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education. The educational principles and practices being adopted are those which are the best suited to the needs of the country.
All India Institute of Medical Science New Delhi
Assistant Controller (Exams), Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110608, Tel.: 26589900, 26588500, Website www.aiimsexams.org