CLAT 2020 Application Procedure
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an All India Entrance Test for admission to Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes. CLAT 2020 Application Procedure is given as below:-
- The CLAT 2020 Registration is going to start by online mode only at the official website www.clat.ac.in or www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The aspirants need to register first and then proceed to fill in the details in the CLAT 2020 Application Form. The application process for CLAT 2020 is a four-step process. The aspirants first register for the exam by providing their personal details.
- The second step is to fill in other necessary information in the Application Form and upload images. The third and final step is to pay the requisite amount of the Application Fee
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2020 will open on 2nd week of January 2020 and close on 4th week of March 2020. The application has to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
- The CLAT 2020 examination will be held on Sunday, the 2nd week of May 2020 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- The CLAT 2020 examination will be held in OFFLINE mode
- The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2020 website by using personal mobile number and email Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration.
- Please fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify your candidature.
- No alteration/editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission/final submission of the form. The information once furnished by the candidate with regard to the category to which the candidate belongs, the preference for the NLUs and the Centre of the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates through online application mode shall be final and no change whatsoever shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
- The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by the competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by the competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- Relevant certificate for your respective State of Domicile. Issued by revenue department / taluk office
- Application fees can be paid only online.
- Application Fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4000/-
- Application Fee for SC/ST/BPL category Candidates: Rs.3500/-
- The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT-2019 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after you choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees are non-refundable.
- Indian Nationals/NRIs/PIO/OCI seeking admission in either of the UG/PG programs shall appear in CLAT-2020
- Foreign Nationals need not appear for the test
- The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted on or before 4th week of March 2020 (11:59 P.M.). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
- For any information relating to the 21 NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective Institutions available in the CLAT Consortium website.
Mode of Payment
- The aspirants can pay the application fee through Online Mode or by bank challan which will be generated online.
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here