CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Education Qualification, Age Limit, Qualifying Marks
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – The Consortium of NLUs has published the CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria on its official website. To successfully submit the CLAT 2024 application form, individuals must meet all qualifying requirements for admission to the universities that accept the CLAT score. The CLAT Exam Eligibility Criteria states the necessary qualifications to sit for the examination, and authorities have the power to exclude applicants if it is discovered that they have not complied with these specifications. Check out the detailed syllabus of CLAT to prepare well for the tough exam.
If you are wondering who can give the CLAT 2024 Exam? Don’t worry, we got you covered. This article discusses all the important information regarding the CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria, such as age limit, nationality, educational qualifications, documents required and more.
CLAT Eligibility 2024 – Highlights
The requirements of the candidates are defined in the notification issued on the official website of the consortium of NLUs. The eligibility criteria for the CLAT 2024 include the following.
CLAT UG Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Complete Details
To complete the CLAT Application Form 2024, it is essential to understand the CLAT exam eligibility criteria, including the CLAT UG eligibility, as it determines your eligibility for the exam.
The CLAT eligibility is checked mainly on three major factors as mentioned below:
CLAT Nationality 2024
As per the CLAT UG Eligibility Criteria, Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are eligible to apply for the CLAT Exam 2024, meeting the CLAT UG eligibility requirements.
Foreign nationals can also apply for CLAT 2024 but must have a valid passport.
CLAT Age Limit 2024
According to the notification published by the Consortium, there is no age limit for CLAT Exam 2024.
CLAT Educational Qualification 2024
Educational qualification plays a significant role in CLAT entrance exam eligibility. So, what is the minimum qualification for the CLAT Exam? Let’s delve into the details and understand the criteria set by the Consortium.
- To be eligible for CLAT 2024, you must have completed your 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board or university, meeting the educational qualification as per the CLAT exam eligibility criteria.
- Suppose you belong to the General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories. In that case, you must secure at least 45% marks in the Senior Secondary School Examination/12th Board Examination to be eligible for the CLAT 2024 exam.
- Those belonging to SC/ST categories must secure 40% marks or an equivalent percentage of marks in the 12th standard.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria For NRI Students
NRI aspirants seeking admission under the NRI quota must ensure they meet the clat test eligibility criteria and complete the necessary admission formalities.
- The admissions for NRI/NRI sponsored category aspirants are carried out based on their merit score, and the concerned university allocates the CLAT Seat Allotment under NRI Quota.
- Contact the concerned university directly for admission formalities, minimum eligibility for CLAT Exam, documents required, and other related queries for seeking admission under NRI Quota.
- In case of non-availability of foreign Nationals seats, seats will be converted into NRI/NRI Sponsored Seats.
- The admission will be based on the CLAT ranking in the above case.
- CLAT Office shall be responsible for issuing the list of candidates eligible for CLAT Admission under this category.
LLM CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
You must have completed your graduation degree in law for appearing in CLAT LLM Course.
The requirements of the candidates are defined in the notification issued on the official website of the consortium of NLUs. The LLM CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria include the following.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have obtained an LLB degree (5-year or 3-year LLB) from a university recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks and (45% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in the month of April/ May 2024 will be also eligible to apply.
Note: Candidates who are having supplementary exams can also apply for the exam, but they have to clear the supplementary exam and have to show the proof of qualifying exam.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria – Documents Required
Candidates need to upload the following documents with CLAT Application Form. Not uploading the documents will result in disqualification. The required documents are-
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
CLAT 2024 College Wise Eligibility Criteria
For admission in NLUs, you will need to apply directly to the concerned NLU in addition to qualifying for the CLAT exam.
Information regarding the details of intake, reservation policies and the courses offered along with the fee structures of various participating National Law Universities is available in the Information Brochure which can be accessed from the official website of CLAT and also from the websites of the participating NLUs. The allotment of seats and the offer for admission under CLAT 2024 shall be provisional and shall not create any right of admission in favour of a candidate.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 FAQs
Q. Which stream/subjects are required for CLAT?
Ans. The consortium has not specified any subjects for CLAT exam eligibility. Candidates from any discipline can give the CLAT exam.
Q. I am appearing for the class 12 board exams in 2024. Am I eligible for the CLAT Exam?
Ans. Yes. As per the notification, those appearing for the class 12 or equivalent exam can apply for the CLAT exam.
Q. Is CLAT only for law students?
Ans. Yes, CLAT 2024 exam is conducted only for law students seeking admission in NLUs.
Q. Who is eligible for CLAT entrance?
Ans. Any law aspirant who has passed Class 12 with at least 45% marks is eligible for CLAT UG. Whereas, graduate candidates are eligible for CLAT LLM.
Q. What documents do I need to upload for filling the CLAT 2024 application form?
Ans. Candidates must upload a recent passport-size photograph, a scanned copy of their signature, and a copy of their domicile certificate while filling out the CLAT application form.
Q. Is there any age limit for appearing in CLAT 2024?
Ans. No, there is no upper or lower age limit for appearing in CLAT 2024 examination.
Indian nationals/NRIs/PIO/OCIs who have completed their 12th standard or equivalent with 45% marks are eligible to apply for CLAT 2024 exam.
Candidates who qualify for all the requirements as per the CLAT 2024 eligibility criteria can fill out the CLAT 2024 Application form. Any failure in fulfilling the eligibility criteria will disqualify the candidate. Candidates can submit the application form by November 3, 2023.
We hope the above article has answered all your doubts and queries about CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria. SuccessCDS wishes you good luck and all the best for CLAT 2024.
Also See :
- CLAT 2024
- CLAT Syllabus 2024
- CLAT Exam Pattern 2024
- CLAT Application Form 2024
- CLAT Result 2024
- CLAT Admit Card 2024