National Scholarship Portal – Your One Stop for Scholarships by All Central, State Governments and union Territories
National scholarships portal is a one-stop solution through which different services for different clients like student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various National scholarships to the students are enabled.
National e-Governance Plan (Ne-GP) has taken National Scholarships Portal as a Mission Mode Project.
This portal provides a simplified, mission-oriented, accountable, responsive and transparent ‘SMART’ system for the effective and fast disposal of scholarships applications and fund delivery directly into the account of beneficiaries without any type of leakage.
Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan provides the common electronic portal for implementing various scholarships scheme executed by the State Government, Union Government, and Union Territories.
Benefits of National Scholarship Portal:
– Simplified Process:
1. All information regarding scholarships under one roof.
2. Single integrated application for all type all of the scholarships.
1. The scheme is suggested by the system for which a student is eligible.
2. Duplicates can be reduced to an optimum extent.
– Decision Support System (DDS)
The portal serves as a decision support system for various ministries and departments.
Also See: Scholarships in India and Abroad
Central Scholarship Schemes:
-Ministry of Minority Affairs: It provides pre-matric and post-matric Scholarships scheme for minority students. Also, a Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS is being provided by the ministry.
-Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities: It grants Pre-Matric scholarships for students with disabilities, Post-Matric Scholarships for students with disabilities and Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.
-Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment: This ministry provides top class education scheme for SC Students.
-Ministry of Labour and Employment: The ministry gives post matric and pre-matric financial assistance for education of the wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers and Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh.
-Ministry of Tribal Affairs: National Fellowship and Scholarship is being provided for the higher education of ST students.
-Department of School Education and Library: This department provides a national scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) and National Merit-cum-Means scholarship.
-Department of Higher Education: Department of higher education provides a Central Sector Scheme. The said scheme provides scholarships to College and University Students.
-WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs: Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles comes under this ministry.
-RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway: Railway ministry processes the Prime Minister’s scholarship scheme for RPF/RPSF.
UGC Scholarship Schemes:
MHRD along with UGC works on various scholarship schemes encouraging students of different regions to work hard in higher education. Some of the popular schemes are:
ISHAN UDAY(for north eastern region only)
PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP for Single Girl Child,
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (First and Second Rank Holders)
PG Scholarship Scheme for SC ST Students for pursuing higher education.
AICTE Scholarship Schemes:
AICTE under MHRD provides following scholarships for various technical courses and they are-
PRAGATI Scholarship Scheme for Girls for Technical Education, for degree as well as diploma students
SAKSHAM Scholarship Scheme for differently-abled Students for Technical Education, for degree as well as diploma students
How to register on the National Scholarship portal:
See Video for Step by Step Explanation:
Students applying for the first time for the scholarship are required to register on the portal by clicking on the “New Registration” link provided on the home page.
1. In the registration form, students need to mention their domicile state correctly as the Application Id allotted to them will be based on their domicile state and can’t be changed once allocated.
2. Scholarship schemes are divided broadly into four categories and the students need to select the relevant one based on the class/course in which they are studying.
3. Then the student needs to provide the name, date of birth (DOB) as printed in their class 10th certificate for applying for Post Matric, MCM and Top Class Scheme,
Students are advised to provide an authenticated mobile number because all the information related to the portal activities will be sent on provided mobile number.
In case of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme, students can provide their parents’ mobile number.
4. Then, provide the correct email id for identification details, then students need to enter the 12 digit Aadhar number.
If a student registers through Aadhar number then preference will be given to Aadhar seeded eligible student at the time of scholarship disbursement.
Otherwise, when a bank account is selected as an identifier then along with IFSC code and account number, he/she needs to upload the copy of their bank passbook.
In case of Pre-Matric scholarship scheme, students can provide their parents’ bank account number. However, parents account number can only be provided for two scholarships irrespective of the number of children.
5. Also, you need to provide the “Annual Family Income” as per the income certificate issued by competent authority.
Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form” otherwise, all the applications will be considered duplicate and will be rejected.
Login Id and password to log into National Scholarships Portal (NSP) will be your Application Id and Date of Birth respectively.
How to apply for various scholarships ?
After completing the registration process, the students need to log in with proper credentials and apply for the required scholarship as given below:-
1. Click on the “Student Login” link provided on the home page of the portal.
2. Fill up the complete details as per the instructions provided by the system and click on the save button.
3. After saving the application a new temporary ID will be generated. This temporary ID will be required by the system to fill the details afterward.
4. Once all the details are filled, a permanent registration ID is generated which can be used for various purposes like checking the status of the application and renewal of the application and so on.
To apply for a renewal application
Only those students who have got the scholarship last year will be able to apply for renewal. The same can be done by using the application ID provided last year and the date of birth of student.
So, grab up this opportunity and apply for the relevant scholarship right now.
Also See :
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority 2020 Dates, Application
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020
Merit cum Means Based Scholarship Scheme for Minority Communities 2020
Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2020
Top Class Education for Scheduled Caste Students 2020
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students of Jammu and Kashmir 2020
UGC PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020
UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses 2020