Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, GOI, announces Post-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities 2019-20.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019 – Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India, is inviting applications for Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-20 from students of class 11 to postgraduate degree and diploma. The scholarship aims to help students with disabilities to pursue further education so that they could earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in society.
- To support students with disabilities to study further in order to prepare themselves to earn their livelihood and to find a dignified place for themselves in the society as they face several barriers physical, financial, psychological, mental in pursuing studies and living with dignity. At times such students are deprived of harnessing their latent skills and thereby miss the opportunity.
- To support students with disabilities for their study in classes XI and XII onwards so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized,
- To improve participation of students with disabilities in classes XI and XII and at the pre-matric stage of education.
- All Graduate & Post Graduate courses recognised by UGC/AICTE will be covered under Post-Matric Scholarship.
See: Scholarship Programs
- Scholarships under this scheme will be available for studying in class XI, XII, post-matriculation diploma/certificates and Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in India and Master’s Degree from any University recognised by UGC/AICTE.
No. of Scholarship
- No. of Post-matric scholarships to be sanctioned every year is 17,000 + Renewal.
- The no. of slots of scholarships as mentioned above will be distributed among all the States and Union Territories of India.
See: National Scholarship 2019
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019 Important Dates
- Scholarship closing date: 15 October 2019
- Last date for defect verification: 31 October 2019
- Last date for Institute verification: 31 October 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions: “Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot license Courses. Courses at Training – Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra), courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at Pre-examination Training Centres of all India and State levels.”
- Only those candidates who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Courses at the level of post-graduate degree/diploma/ certificate are also covered under this scheme.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. B.Com. after B.A. in other subject will not be eligible. However, students pursuing L.L.B/B.Ed/B.El.Ed. after passing B.A./B.Sc./B.E. etc. are eligible for Post-Matric Scholarship under this scheme.
- Students who are pursuing two different courses of study simultaneously can avail the scholarship for any one course only provided pursuance of such courses are permissible under the rules/regulations of the Educational Authority concerned.
- Students studying in Class XI of the Higher Secondary School courses of the XII Class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course.
- However, in cases where Xth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing Xth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
See: National Scholarship Portal
- The amount of Post-matric scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course.
- Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1600 per month (hostellers) and up to INR 750 per month (day scholars).
- Disability allowance of up to INR 4000 per annum.
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees of up to INR 1.50 Lac per annum excluding the refundable deposits like security deposit and caution money.
- Book allowance of INR 1500 per annum.
- The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the scholars
- Fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
- Recommendation of the State Education Department.
- Number of slots available to the State.
- Merit of the candidate in terms of percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- In case of a tie in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019 Application Process
- Applications will be called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
- The applicants should submit their application through the online system within the last date prescribed for receipt of application.
All Requisite Documents:
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.