Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, GOI, announces Post-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities 2021-22
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021 – Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India, is inviting applications for Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021-22 from students of class 11 to postgraduate degree and diploma
The scholarship aims to help students with disabilities to pursue further education so that they could earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in society.
- To support students with disabilities to study further in order to prepare themselves to earn their livelihood and to find a dignified place for themselves in the society as they face several barriers physical, financial, psychological, mental in pursuing studies and living with dignity. At times such students are deprived of harnessing their latent skills and thereby miss the opportunity.
- Scholarships under this scheme will be available for studying in class XI, XII, post-matriculation diploma/certificates and Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in India and Master’s Degree from any University recognized by UGC/AICTE.
No. of Scholarship
- No. of Post-matric scholarships to be sanctioned every year is 17,000 + Renewal.
- The no. of slots of scholarships as mentioned above will be distributed among all the States and Union Territories of India.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021 Important Dates
- Scholarship closing date : 30th November 2021
- Last date for defect verification : 15th December 2021
- Last date for Institute verification : 15th December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions: “Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot license Courses. Courses at Training – Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra), courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at Pre-examination Training Centres of all India and State levels.”
- Only those candidates who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects e.g. B.Com. after B.A. in other subjects will not be eligible. However, students pursuing L.L.B/B.Ed/B.El.Ed. after passing B.A./B.Sc./B.E. etc. are eligible for Post-Matric Scholarship under this scheme.
- Students studying in Class XI of the Higher Secondary School courses of the XII Class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course.
- Scholarship will be paid to the students whose parents/ guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs.250000/- (Rupees two lakh fifty thousand only) per annum.
Value of Scholarship
- The value of Post-matric scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course
- Maintenance allowance,
- Additional allowance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course, and
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees,
- Study tour charges,
- Typing/printing charges for preparing Reports/projects,
- Book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses,
- Book bank facility for specified courses
- Applications is called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
- The applicants should submit their application through the online system on or before the last date prescribed for receipt of application.
All Requisite Documents
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
- The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the scholars
- Fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
- Recommendation of the State Education Department.
- Number of slots available to the State.
- Merit of the candidate in terms of percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- In case of a tie in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website