Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, GOI, announces Pre-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities 2019-20
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019 – The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India invites applications for Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-20 from physically challenged students of class 9 and 10.
- To support students with disabilities for their study in order to prepare themselves to earn their livelihood and to find a dignified place for themselves in the society as they face several barriers physical, financial, psychological, mental in pursuing studies and living with dignity. At times such students are deprived of harnessing their latent skills and thereby miss the opportunity.
- To support students with disabilities for their study in IX and X onwards so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, To improve participation of students with disabilities in classes IX and X and at the pre-matric stage of education.
See: Scholarship Programs
No. of Scholarship
- No. of Pre-matric scholarships to be sanctioned in the year 2018-19 will be 20,000 + Renewal and 25,000 + Renewal in 2019-20.
- The Number of slots of Scholarships as mentioned above will be distributed among all the States and Union Territories of India.
- The no. of slots available to any State/UT is decided on the basis of percentage of population of PwDs of that State/UT in comparison to the total PwD population of India.
- Scholarships under this scheme will be available for studying in classes IX, X.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019 Important Dates
- Scholarship closing date: 15 October 2019
- Last date for defect verification: 31 October 2019
- Last date for Institute verification: 31 October 2019
See: National Scholarship 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019
- She/he should be a regular, full time student studying in class IX or X in a Government school or in a school recognized by Govt. or by a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- The amount of Pre-Matric scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course.
- Maintenance Allowance
- Book grant
- Disability Allowance
Rates of Scholarship and Grant
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (for hostellers): INR 800 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (for day scholars): INR 500 per month
- Book grant (for both hostellers and day scholars): INR 1,000 per annum
- The different types of allowances related to disability shall be payable as under:
- Visually impaired: Rs. 4000 per annum
- Hearing impaired: Rs. 2000 per annum
- Physically disabled: Rs. 2000 per annum
- Intellectual disability: Rs. 4000 per annum
- All other types of disability: Rs. 2000 per annum
See: National Scholarship Portal
- The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the scholars
- Fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
- Recommendation of the State Education Department.
- Number of slots available to the State.
- Merit of the candidate in terms of percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- In case of a tie in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019 Application Process
- Applications will be called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
- The applicants should submit their application through the online system within the last date prescribed for receipt of application.
All Requisite Documents:
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.