Ministry of Railways notifies Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2019
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2019 – The Ministry of Railways, Government of India is offering Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2019-20 for the wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel. The selected candidates shall receive a scholarship of up to INR 2,250 per month.
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF: Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in his address to the nation from the historic Red Fort on 15th August 2005. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2008-09 for RPF
- It was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the Rank of Gazetted officer).
Offering this Scholarship
- The Ministry of Railways under Government of India is offering this scholarship.
See: National Scholarship Portal
- A total number of 150 students (from academic session 2015-16) have been earmarked to RPF for an academic session. Half of the scholarships are reserved for female candidates i.e. 75. Shortfall in fresh cases shall not be adjusted from girls/boys, if applicants (boys/girls) are available less than 75
- It is also mentioned that un-allocated quota in any gender may not be utilized for other category (boys/girls
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of the scholarship would be as follows:
- 2000/- per month for male students
- 2250/- per month for female students
- The payment of the scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per order of merit in each year
See: National Scholarship 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2019
Courses Eligible for the PMSS
- Professional Degree Courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBS, BCA, MCA B.Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India(MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc. (Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA)
- Detailed list of courses is enclosed as Annexure-I. Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under this scheme. PMSS can be availed for one course only
Students Eligible for the Scholarship
- Students who have taken regular admission in 2017-18 are only eligible for PMSS 2017-18. Students should have secured 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 12th Std., Diploma/Graduation.
- The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal railways/RPSF.
- One to five years as per duration of course
See: Scholarship Programs
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2019 Application Process
- From the academic year 2019-20 onwards, the PMSS for RPF (Ministry of Railways) will be implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP2.0)
- For this, all the eligible applicants need to apply online on the website www.scholarship.gov.in by 30th September every year.
- Final compiled list of eligible candidates will be prepared by Security Directorate, Railway Board by 20th October for onward submission to PMO.
- Mobile number is mandatory to register on National Scholarships Portal on which One Time Password (OTP) will be received for further process. A maximum of two registrations may be made with a mobile number
- Following documents in the respective category are mandatorily required to be submitted/ uploaded by the applicant for applying under PMSS
For Fresh Applicant
- Service Certificate issued by the respective offices of the serving personnel for category IV (As per Annexure II)
- A copy of PPO/Discharge certificate/book for Categories I, II and III.
- Applicants are required to upload duly attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet/Grade card of MEQ i.e. 10+2/ Diploma/Graduation (as the case may be)
- Detailed guidelines and documents/prescribed proforma shall be available on the website
- National Scholarship Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in)
- Railway Board website (http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard)
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2019 Important Dates
- Scholarship Announcement Date: 15th July 2019
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2019
- Last Date for defective verification: 15th November 2019
- Last Date for institute verification: 15th November 2019
Ministry of Railways, Government of India, Mr Prakash Chand Bairwa, Section Officer/Sec (Spl), Security Dte /Railway Board, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi Phone No.: 011-23303283, 23303484 & 030-43283 (Rly), Email email@example.com, Website https://scholarships.gov.in/