UGC announces PG Merit Scholarship Scheme for University Rank Holders 2022-23 for PG Programs, Apply now
UGC PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022 – The University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, invites applications for Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022-23 from the first and second rank holders of graduation courses across the country.
The scholarship aims to encourage talented girls and boys towards postgraduate education and assist them in their expenses.
- The objectives of the scheme are:
- To promote and nurture talent;
- To reward meritorious students with outstanding performance at the Undergraduate level for pursuing postgraduate studies.
- To promote study in basic courses at the undergraduate level
- To build up academic excellence at postgraduate level across the colleges and universities in the country
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 17th January 2023
- Defective Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- Institute Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : Open till 15th February 2023
Eligibility Criteria for UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be below 30 years of age.
- Be studying in a post-graduation course from any affiliated university (central/state) or deemed universities/ private universities / 25 autonomous colleges / non-affiliated colleges.
- Be a rank holder (Ist or IInd) in the previous graduation exam.
- Have completed graduation in one of the following disciplines: Life sciences, physical sciences, chemical sciences, earth sciences, mathematical sciences, social sciences, commerce or languages.
- Have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in graduation.
- The scholarship will provide the financial aid of INR 3100 per month for the duration of two years.
- The scholarships shall be provided for the entire course of the academic year. Maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount in an academic year
- Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/ per month for Day Scholar
- Applications will be invited once a year on the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, visit the homepage of the NSP website www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
- Step 1 : Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Step 2 : Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3 : Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4 : Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5 : Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6 : The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7 : Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8 : An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note : All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted
Documents to be submitted along with application
- Attested copy of university’s undergraduate degree
- Certificate of matriculation
- Verification certificate issued by the institute where the student has taken admission at PG level
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar card/enrollment
Cancellation Of Scholarship
- Scholarship of a student may be cancelled in any of the following cases
- Misconduct of the awardee, if any, reported by the University/ Institution.
- Unsatisfactory progress report (i.e. if the candidate scores less than 60% marks in the first year of Master’s programme)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NE Region 2022
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for single girl child
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Research Grant For Newly Recruited Faculty Members
- Research Grant For In-Service Faculty Members
- Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)