UGC announces Research Grant for In-service Faculty Members 2022, Apply Now
Research Grant for In-service Faculty Members 2022 – University Grant Commission – Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi has invited applications for Research Grant for In-service Faculty Members 2022.
Research Grant for In-service Faculty Members 2022
- The purpose of the research grant is to provide opportunities to regularly appointed faculty members of Universities/ Institutes/ Colleges (hereinafter “Institutions”) to pursue research in their area(s).
- Application Start date : 05th September 2022
- Application End date : 10th October 2022
- Faculty members regularly appointed and working the following institutions are eligible to apply under the schemes:
- Universities (including constituent and affiliated colleges/institutions) included under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Institutions fully funded by Central or State Governments and empowered to award Degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance.
- Age: up to 50 years. (Faculty above 50 years of age is not eligible to apply).
- The applicant should have a minimum 10 years of service left in the University from the date of submission of his / her application.
- The applicant must have successfully supervised Ph.D. dissertation of 5 full-time candidates
- The applicant must have successfully completed at least 2 sponsored research projects funded by national / international government or private agencies.
Tenure and Slots
- Tenure: 2 years.
- Slots: 200 or as may be decided by the Commission
- The quantum of support under the scheme is Rs.10.00 Lakh.
- The grant can be utilized for purchasing items like minor equipment, consumables, contingencies, fieldwork, travel etc.
- The grant cannot be used for international travel, purchasing furniture items or for appointing project assistants or research fellows.
- The quantum of funds under these heads can be decided by the recipient depending on his / her needs.
- The items / equipment purchased from this grant shall be property of the University.
- Visit https://frg.ugc.ac.in/ for online registration.
- Please read instructions / Guidelines carefully before applying.
- Online applications will be invited by the UGC for the Research Grant for inservice faculty members.
- The applications will be evaluated by a minimum of three referees assigned by the UGC as per area of research proposed by the applicant.
- The evaluation includes the merit of the proposed project, the professional standing of the candidate and the institution where the research is to be carried out.
- On the basis of score received from the referees, the final merit list will be generated. The result shall be declared on the UGC website (www.ugc.ac.in).
- Selected candidates can download their award letter through the UGC website.
- The whole process would be akin to that employed for manuscript handling and evaluation by leading international journals and will be a paperless exercise. No
- interim queries will be entertained.
- The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award of Research Grant without assigning any reason.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NE Region 2022
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for single girl child
- PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Research Grant For Newly Recruited Faculty Members
- Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)