Ministry of HRD and UGC announces Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for North Region 2022, Apply now
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022 for NE Region – The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker sections of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2022-23.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022 for NE Region
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in the NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in the NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2022
- Last Date for Defect Verification: 15th November 2022
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2022
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification: 30th November 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2022 for NE Region
- Students with domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study
- Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute :-
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by the Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently- abled persons.
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
- Applications will be invited once a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, Visit the homepage of the NSP website www.scholarships.gov.in
- Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as a general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
- Required Documents
- The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University / Institution/ College.
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for single girl child
- PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Research Grant For Newly Recruited Faculty Members
- Research Grant For In-Service Faculty Members
- Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)