University Grants Commission announces Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarships for Single Girl Child 2022-23, Apply Now
UGC Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for Single Girl Child – University Grants Commission invites applications for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2022-23 from girl students of up to 30 years of age who happen to be the only girl child in their families. The scholarship aims to promote girl education and compensate for the direct costs of girl education to all levels.
UGC Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for Single Girl Child
- It is observed that number of girls as against boys in certain states is declining which is a matter of great concern. The females are even forced to give birth to male child.
- In such circumstances education of women needs to be used and effective means for their empowerment and education will prepare them to have control over their lives. The mindset which militates against the girl child could not keep pace with economic progress and literacy.
- The Government of India declared elementary education as a basic human right of every child. The Union Government of India has taken various steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls.
- The objectives of the proposed scheme are
- To support postgraduate education of single girl child in postgraduate courses only.
- To recognize the value of observance of the small family norm.
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 17th January 2023
- Defective Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- Institute Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : Open till 15th February 2023
Duration of Scholarship
- After selection, the awardees will be paid a scholarship on DBT mode on an annual basis.
Eligibility Criteria for UGC Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for Single Girl Child
- Slots : 3000 scholarships
- Age limit: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in first year of PG courses are eligible.
- The scheme is applicable to such single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full- time first year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a post graduate college.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- Applications will be invited once a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, Visit the homepage of the NSP website www.scholarships.gov.in. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship
- The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after initiation of application process and notice to be published on UGC website.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
- It is expected from the institutions where students have taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree courses in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- 3,000 fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- The awardee can avail of other scholarships also during the tenure of this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal.
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted. If the awardee changes the course of study, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change
- Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the pattern of assistance through the UGC/Canara Bank portal.
For more details and to apply, Please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NE Region 2022
- PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Research Grant For Newly Recruited Faculty Members
- Research Grant For In-Service Faculty Members
- Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)