UGC announces Dr. D.S. Kothari Research Grant for Newly Recruited Faculty Members 2022, Apply Now
Dr. D.S. Kothari Research Grant for Newly Recruited Faculty Members 2022 – University Grant Commission (UGC) invites applications from the faculty members regularly appointed and working with the recognized Universities, deemed to be Universities, Institute of National Importance, etc. for Dr. D.S. Kothari Research Grant for Newly Recruited Faculty Members 2022
Dr. D.S. Kothari Research Grant for Newly Recruited Faculty Members 2022
- The purpose of the research grant is to provide opportunities to regularly appointed faculty members of Universities/ Institutes/ Colleges (hereinafter “Institutions”) to pursue research in their area(s).
- Application Start date : 05th September 2022
- Application End date : 10th October 2022
- Faculty members regularly appointed and working the following institutions are eligible to apply under the schemes:
- Universities (including constituent and affiliated colleges/institutions) included under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Institutions fully funded by Central or State Governments and empowered to award Degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance.
- All teachers who are newly appointed at the level of Assistant Professor against permanent posts in university shall be eligible to receive financial support under the scheme.
- The Assistant professor should possess a Ph.D. degree with minimum five (5) research papers to his / her credit, published in journals of international repute.
- The Assistant Professor should apply for the grant within a period of two years from the date of joining the post in the Department / University.
Tenure and Slots
- Tenure: 2 years
- Slots: 132
- The quantum of support under the scheme is Rs.10.00 Lakh.
- The grant can be utilized for purchasing items like minor equipment, consumables, contingencies, fieldwork, travel etc.
- The grant cannot be used for international travel, purchasing furniture items or for appointing project assistants or research fellows.
- The quantum of funds under these heads can be decided by the recipient depending on his / her needs.
- The items / equipment purchased from this grant shall be property of the University.
- Visit https://frg.ugc.ac.in/ for online registration.
- Please read instructions / Guidelines carefully before applying.
- Online applications will be invited by the UGC for the Research Grant for newly recruited faculty members.
- The applications will be evaluated by a minimum of three referees assigned by the UGC as per area of research proposed by the applicant.
- The evaluation includes the merit of the proposed project, the professional standing of the candidate and the institution where the research is to be carried out.
- On the basis of score received from the referees, the final merit list will be generated. The result shall be declared on the UGC website (www.ugc.ac.in).
- Selected candidates can download their award letter through the UGC website.
- The whole process would be akin to that employed for manuscript handling and evaluation by leading international journals and will be a paperless exercise. No interim queries will be entertained.
- The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award of Research Grant without assigning any reason.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NE Region 2022
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for single girl child
- PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Research Grant For In-Service Faculty Members
- Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)