UGC-FRG announces Fellowship for Superannuated Faculty Members 2022, Apply Now
Fellowship for Superannuated Faculty Members 2022 – University Grant Commission – Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi has invited applications for Fellowship for Superannuated Faculty Members 2022.
Fellowship for Superannuated Faculty Members 2022
- The purpose of the fellowship is to provide opportunities to superannuated faculty members of Universities/Institutes/Colleges, hereinafter “Institutions” to pursue research in their area(s).
- Application Start date : 05th September 2022
- Application End date : 10th October 2022
- Faculty members at the level of Professors/Associate professors (who are going to superannuate within six months or already superannuated) from the following institutions are eligible to apply under the schemes:
- Universities (including constituent and affiliated colleges/institutions) included under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Institutions fully funded by Central or State Governments and empowered to award Degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance.
- Age: up to 67 years
- The applicant must have successfully supervised the Ph.D. dissertations of 10 full time candidates, 3 of whom having received their degrees during the preceding 10 years.
- The applicant must have handled, as Principal Investigator, at least 3 sponsored research projects funded by national / international agencies.
- The applicant shall not hold any administrative responsibility during tenure of the fellowship which would be from the date of superannuation.
- The applicant and Institutions shall have to provide an undertaking in the application as per Annexure-I.
Tenure and Slots
- Tenure: 3 years or upto 70 years whichever is earlier.
- Slots: 100 per annum or as may be decided by the Commission
- Fellowship: Rs. 50,000/- per month.
- Contingency: Rs.50,000/- per annum
- Visit https://frg.ugc.ac.in/ for online registration.
- Please read instructions / Guidelines carefully before applying.
- Online applications will be invited by the UGC for the Fellowship for superannuated faculty members.
- Faculty members applying for this fellowship must upload the Undertaking as per Annexure-I in the online application.
- The applications will be evaluated by a minimum of three referees assigned by the UGC as per area of research proposed by the applicant.
- The evaluation includes the merit of the proposed project, the professional standing of the candidate and the institution where the research is to be carried out.
- On the basis of score received from the referees, the final merit list will be generated. The result shall be declared on the UGC website (www.ugc.ac.in).
- Selected candidates can download their award letter through the UGC website.
- The whole process would be akin to that employed for manuscript handling and evaluation by leading international journals and will be a paperless exercise. No interim queries will be entertained.
- The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award of fellowship without assigning any reason.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NE Region 2022
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for single girl child
- PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Research Grant For Newly Recruited Faculty Members
- Research Grant For In-Service Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)