UGC announces Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2022, Apply now
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2022 – University Grant Commission – Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi has invited applications for Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child Scheme 2022 to support girl children’s education and encourage research.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2022
- Fellowship is available for pursuing research work leading to award of Ph.D degree under ‘SAVITRIBAI JYOTIRAO PHULE FELLOWSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD’.
- To support higher education of single girl child in Social Sciences.
- To recognize the value of observance of the small family norm.
- To recognize the norm of single girl child in society.
- To propagate the concept of single girl child norm.
- To promote single girls in the society.
- A ‘single girl child’ means the only girl child in the family without having any brother or sister. A girl scholar who is one of the twin daughters/fraternal daughter is also eligible to apply for fellowship under the scheme.
- If, in a family there is one or more son and one daughter, then the girl child shall not
- be considered for fellowship under the scheme. Proof of being single girl child has to be submitted on an affidavit of Rs.100/- Stamp paper from the parents duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Tahsildar as per the prescribed proforma (Annexure I) at the time of filling the online application. In case the parents are not alive, an affidavit can be submitted by the guardian of the candidate.
Tenure of Fellowship
- The tenure of the fellowship is for five years.
- Application Start date : 05th September 2022
- Application End date : 10th October 2022
- Any single girl child of her parents pursuing PhD in any stream/subject in recognised Universities/Colleges/ Institutes is eligible to apply under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has registered herself in a regular, full-time PhD program.
- Admission to PhD courses in part-time/distance mode is not covered under the scheme. A scholar is not eligible for fellowship if the research is intended/pursued through open/ part-time distance education mode or part-time mode.
- Girl students up to the age of 40 years for general category and 45 years for the reserved categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC and PWD (Persons with Disabilities) as on the last date of submission of online application are eligible.
- Both the scholar receiving the fellowship and the institution concerned, where the scholar is pursuing her Ph.D are responsible to ensure that the terms and conditions of these schemes are followed properly and only the eligible candidates get the fellowship.
The financial assistance available under the schemes is as follows:
- JRF @ Rs. 31,000/- p.m. for initial two years
- SRF @ Rs. 35,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure
- (subject to satisfactory progress of research work)
- For Humanities and Social Sciences
- @ Rs. 10,000/- p.a. for initial two years
- @ Rs. 20,500/- p.a. for remaining tenure
- For Science, Engineering and Technology
- @Rs.12,000/- p.a. for initial two years
- @Rs. 25,000/- p.a. for remaining tenure
- Escort Reader Assistance
- @ Rs. 3,000/- p.m. in case of ‘Divyang’ scholars
- Visit https://frg.ugc.ac.in/ online registration.
- Please read the Guidelines/Instructions carefully.
- Applications are invited through online mode once in a year through advertisements in leading newspapers & employment news.
- Short notification is also uploaded in the UGC website i.e. www.ugc.ac.in
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Central Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Scholarships in India 2022
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NE Region 2022
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 for single girl child
- PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
- PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2022
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Research Grant For Newly Recruited Faculty Members
- Research Grant For In-Service Faculty Members
- Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members
- AICTE – Pragati Scholarship 2022 for Girls Students (Technical degree/diploma)