Central Sector Scholarship Scheme announces Top Class Education for Scheduled Caste Students 2019 – 20 to pursue Graduate and Postgraduate Level
Top class Education for Scheduled Caste Students 2019 – The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is inviting applications for Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2019-20 from Scheduled Caste students who have taken admission at Undergraduate or Postgraduate Level.
- To provide an added incentive, I propose a new window: a short list of institutes of excellence will be notified, and any SC/ST student who secures admission in one of those institutes will be awarded a larger scholarship that will meet the requirements for tuition fees, living expenses, books and a computer.”
- The scheme aims to recognize and promote quality education beyond class 12 among Scheduled Caste students. A total of 1,500 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year under this scheme.
Objectives and Coverage
- The Scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs, by providing full financial support. The scheme will cover SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class
- The scheme will operate in all institutions notified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
See: National Scholarship Portal
Offering this Scholarship
- The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- The selected scholars will receive –
- Full tuition fee and non-refundable charges of up to INR 2.00 Lakhs per annum for private sector institutions and up to INR 3.72 Lakhs per annum for private sector flying club for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses
- Living expenses: INR 2,220 per month
- Books and stationery: INR 3,000 per annum
- Computer/Laptop with UPS and Printer of any reputed brand: INR 45,000 (one-time assistance)
See: National Scholarship 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Top class Education for Scheduled Caste Students 2019
- Those SC students who have secured admission in the notified institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme to the extent of the number of scholarships allocated to the institutes concerned. In case the number of students admitted exceeds the number of awards, then the scholarship will be restricted to the top ones in the inter-se merit list.
- The remaining students from SC category admitted in the institute in different courses shall be eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) administered by this Ministry as a centrally sponsored scheme, provided such students are otherwise eligible for the said scheme. In case, the institute finds that the number of eligible candidates in the 1st year are less than the number of scholarships allotted to it, the balance scholarships may be offered to students studying in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, etc. one the basis of inter-se merit of previous year’s result giving priority to those with higher number of Years left to complete their respective course i.e. 1st Year students is to get priority over the 2nd year students and so on
- Thirty percent (30%) of slots allotted to the Institute shall be reserved for eligible SC girl students as per their inter-se merit. In absence of sufficient number of girl students, the slots may be transferred to eligible boy students as per their merit
- However, the 30% slots as mentioned above will not include those girl students who are selected on the basis of their performance in the overall merit list of SC students of the Institute
See: Scholarship Programs
Top class Education for Scheduled Caste Students 2019 Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Top class Education for Scheduled Caste Students 2019 Important Dates
- Scholarship announcement Date: 15th July 2019
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2019
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th November 2019
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2019
For more details, please visit NSP website https://scholarships.gov.in/