Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment announces Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Caste Students 2021 to pursue Graduate and Postgraduate Level
Top class Education Scholarship for SC Students 2021 – The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is inviting applications for Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2021-22 from Scheduled Caste students who have taken admission at Undergraduate or Postgraduate Level.
Objectives and Coverage
- The Scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs, by providing full financial support. The scheme will cover SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class.
- The scheme will operate in all institutions notified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Offering this Scholarship
- The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
Top class Education Scholarship for SC Students 2021 Important Dates
- Scholarship Closing Date: 30th November 2021
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th December 2021
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Top class Education Scholarship for SC Students 2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Belong to Scheduled Caste category
- Have completed Class 12 from a recognized board.
- Have taken admission in a full-time course in a notified institution through general selection criteria prescribed by respective institutions.
- Belong to a family where the annual income is not more than INR 6.00 lakh from all the sources.
The selected scholars will receive –
- Full tuition fee and non-refundable charges of up to INR 2.00 Lakhs per annum for private sector institutions and up to INR 3.72 Lakhs per annum for private sector flying club for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses
- Living expenses: INR 2,220 per month
- Books and stationery: INR 3,000 per annum
- Computer/Laptop with UPS and Printer of any reputed brand: INR 45,000 (one-time assistance)
Top class Education Scholarship for SC Students 2021 Application Process
- Applications will be called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
Steps to Apply
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
For more details and apply, please visit NSP official website