Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment announces Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Caste Students 2022 to pursue Graduate and Postgraduate Level
Top Class Education Scholarship for SC Students 2022 – The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is inviting applications for Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2022-23 from Scheduled Caste students who have taken admission at Undergraduate or Postgraduate Level.
Objectives and Coverage
- The Scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs, by providing full financial support. The scheme will cover SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class.
- The scheme will operate in all institutions notified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Offering this Scholarship
- The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2022
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th November 2022
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2022
- DNO/SNO/MNO/ verification : Open till 30th November 2022
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Belong to Scheduled Caste category
- Students who have studied class X from any of the Central/State/Municipal Govt. or Govt. aided schools (except KVS schools), shall be automatically qualified under the scheme.
- SC students having total annual family income from all sources up to Rs. 8.00 lakh and having secured admission in a full-time prescribed course in any of the notified institutions according to the general selection criteria prescribed by the concerned institution.
- The SC students, who secure admission in the notified institutions, will be awarded scholarship to meet the requirements for
- (i) full tuition fee and non-refundable charges (there will be a ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum per student for private sector institutions and Rs. 3.72 lakhs per annum per student for the private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses)
- (ii) Academic allowance of Rs. 86,000 in the first year of study and Rs. 41,000 in every subsequent year, to take care of living expenses, books and stationery, computer/laptop of reputed brand with accessories like UPS and printer, etc.
- The Scheme will be funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on 100% basis.
- Applications will be called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
Steps to Apply
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
For more details and apply, please visit NSP official website