Ministry of Minority Affairs Scheme of ‘Merit cum Means Based Scholarship’ for Students belonging to the Minority Communities 2019
Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2019 – Ministry of Minority Affairs inviting applications for Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses 2019-20 from minority community students who are pursuing technical or professional courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
The scholarship aims at providing suitable financial assistance to meritorious and underprivileged students belonging to minority communities so as to enable them to pursue technical and professional courses.
- The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
See: National Scholarship 2019
Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2019 Important Dates
- Scholarship Closing Date: 15th October 2019
- Last Date for Defective Verification: 31st October 2019
- Last Date for Institute Verification: 31st October 2019
- Scholarship will be provided for the entire academic year/course. Similarly, the maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount for 10 months in an academic year (Rs. 10,000/- for Hosteller and Rs. 5,000/- for Day Scholar).
Eligibility Criteria for Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2019
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
Earmarked for Girls Students
- 30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT. 30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
See: National Scholarship Portal
- Fresh – The number of scholarship has been fixed State/UT-wise on the basis of Community-wise minority population of the States/UTs as per Census 2001 (2017-18) & 2011 (2018-20). Within the State-wise allocations, the applications from Listed Institutions will be exhausted first in merit list. In case the number of such students is more than the State/Community-wise quota, normal merit list criteria shall be followed. Other verified applicant/student will be selected in the merit list, thereafter, on merit basis i.e. Percentage/marks of last academic course/board (higher secondary / graduation) exam. In case of similar marks, income will be taken as deciding factor.
- Renewal – There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (or in each semester/trimester of previous year’s) their application is approved by the State Governments/UTs.
Rate of Scholarship
- The details of the scheme interventions for the three years viz. 2019-20 are as under:
- Rate of Scholarship Course Fee: Rs. 20,000/- per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (for both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Maintenance Allowance: Rs. 1,000/- per month* for Hosteller Rs. 500/- per month* for Day Scholar
- Scholarship for listed institutes: Full course fee is reimbursed for 85 listed Institutes.
Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2019 Application Process
- The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Instructions Related to Bank Account Details (to be filled by the students in online application form are as under):
- Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the dropdown list.
- Thereafter the complete account no. must be entered correctly. Students are suggested to get their account number verified by their concerned Bank Branch including Bank account number and IFS Code.
- Disclaimer (*If bank details entered by students are found incorrect, the scholarship will be canceled/amount will not be transferred even though the application is approved for scholarship).
- Bank Account holders must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
- Bank Account must be operational/active till the scholarship is disbursed. Ministry of Minority Affairs will not be responsible in case of transaction failure in the account given by applicant.
- Bank Account must be preferably in any scheduled Bank with core banking facility and proper IFS Code.
- Bank Account must be in the name of the student.