Ministry of Minority Affairs announces Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses 2021 for Minority Community Students
Merit cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2021 – Ministry of Minority Affairs invites applications for Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses 2021-22 from minority community students who are pursuing technical or professional courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
The scholarship aims at providing suitable financial assistance to meritorious and underprivileged students belonging to minority communities so as to enable them to pursue technical and professional courses.
Read further for more details on Merit cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2021.
- The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
- The scholarship will be provided for the entire academic year/course. Similarly, the maintenance allowance will be given as a fixed lump sum amount for 10 months in an academic year (Rs. 10,000/- for Hosteller and Rs. 5,000/- for Day Scholar).
Merit cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2021 Important Dates
- Scholarship Closing Date : 30th November 20201
- Last Date for Defective Verification : 15th December 2021
- Last Date for Institute Verification :15th December 2021
Rate of Scholarship
- The details of the scheme interventions for the three years viz. 2020-21 are as under:
- Rate of Scholarship Course Fee : Rs. 20,000/- per annum subject to actual whichever is less (for both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Maintenance Allowance : Rs. 1,000/- per month* for Hosteller Rs. 500/- per month* for Day Scholar
Eligibility Criteria for Merit cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2021
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
Earmarked for Girls Students
- 30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT. 30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
Merit cum Means Based Scholarship for Minority Communities 2021 Application Process
- The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID
- For more details on application process, visit the official website
- Fresh : The number of scholarships has been fixed State/UT-wise on the basis of Community-wise minority population of the States/UTs as per Census 2001 (2017-18) & 2011 (2018-20). Within the State-wise allocations, the applications from Listed Institutions will be exhausted first in merit list. In case the number of such students is more than the State/Community-wise quota, normal merit list criteria shall be followed. Other verified applicant/student will be selected in the merit list, thereafter, on merit basis i.e. Percentage/ marks of last academic course/board (higher secondary / graduation) exam. In case of similar marks, income will be taken as a deciding factor.
- Renewal : There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (or in each semester/trimester of previous year’s) their application is approved by the State Governments/UTs
For more details and apply, please visit the official website