Ministry of Minority Affairs announces Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional & Technical Courses for Minority Communities 2022-23
Merit cum Means Scholarship for Students of Minority Communities 2022-23 – National Scholarship Portal, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India is the authority offering Professional & Technical Courses for the students of Minority Communities 2022-23. Students who are pursuing technical or professional courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Merit cum Means Scholarship for Students of Minority Communities 2022-23
- The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA), Government of India.
- The scholarship aims at providing suitable financial assistance to meritorious and underprivileged students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue technical and professional courses.
- The selected candidates will receive course fees and maintenance allowance.
- To be eligible, an applicant must –
- belong to Minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Parsis/Zoroastrians)
- be pursuing a technical or professional course at the undergraduate or postgraduate level from a recognized institution
- have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination
- have an annual family income of less than INR 2.50 lakhs from all sources
- The selected candidates will receive the following benefits –
- Rate of Scholarship (Course Fee): INR 20,000 per annum subject to actual whichever is less (for both Hostellers and Day Scholars)
- Maintenance Allowance: INR 1,000 per month for ten months for Hosteller; INR 500 per month for ten months for Day Scholar
- Scholarship for Listed Institutes: Full course fee is reimbursed for 85 listed institutes*
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
- Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’ and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
- Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
- Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
- Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website