University Grants Commission notifies Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses For SC/ST Candidates 2021-22
UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021 – University Grants Commission (UGC) invites applications from SC/ST students who are pursuing professional courses at the postgraduate level for Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021.
The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the deprived students to pursue postgraduate level studies in professional subjects.
About the Program
- The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects in the eligible institutions
UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021 Important Dates
- Scholarship closing date : 30th November 2021
- Last date for defective verification : 15th December 2021
- Last date for institute verification : 15th December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021
- Candidates adhering to following criteria can apply:
- The candidate must belong to the SC/ST category.
- The candidate must be pursuing the first year of a professional course at the postgraduate level during the current academic year.
- The candidate must be studying in any of the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and are eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government Institutes of National Importance
- Note: Courses that need approval from the regulatory bodies such as MCI, DCI, PCI, RCI, NCTIS, NCTE Bar Council of India, AICTE, ICAR, INC, Forensic Regulatory & Development Authority of India, are considered as professional courses.
Amount of Scholarship
- 1000 SC/ST students will be selected for the disbursal of the scholarship. ME/M.Tech. students selected under this scholarship scheme will receive INR 7,800 per month for the duration of their PG course. Students studying other professional courses will get INR 4,500 per month as the scholarship amount.
- The scholarships shall be provided for the entire course of the academic year. Maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount in an academic year
- Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/ per month for Day Scholar
UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021 Application Process
- Applications will be invited once a year on the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India, visit the homepage of the NSP website www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
- Step 1 : Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Step 2 : Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3 : Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4 : Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5 : Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6 : The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7 : Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8 : An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note : All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted.
Documents required to submit along with Application Form
- Attested copy of university’s undergraduate degree
- Certificate of matriculation
- Verification certificate issued by the institute where the student has taken admission at PG level
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar card/enrollment
- Scholarships granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first year post graduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer designated by them).
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted.
- Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website