West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2022 Notification released
WB SET 2022 – West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has released the Notification and invites applications for eligible candidates for 24th State Eligibility Test for the posts of Assistant Professor in West Bengal only.
WB SET 2022
- Commencement of online Application : 16th August, 2022 (12 Noon)
- Last date for online Application and Payment : 15th September, 2022 (12 Midnight)
- Date of Examination : 8th January, 2023 (Sunday)
Eligibility Criteria for WB SET 2022
- General/EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exams from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- The OBC belonging to non-creamy layer/ SC/ST/PWD/ Transgender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam from Universities/ Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the Official Site https://wbcsc.org.in/
- Step 2: Now open the Home Page, Candidates can check the link for LATEST NEWS.
- Step 3: Candidates can search the link for ADVERTISEMENT FOR STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (ADVT NO. – 24/SET)
- Step 4: Candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on WBCSC website www.wbcsconline.in
- Step 5: Before applying online, the candidates must possess the scanned images.
- Step 6: After filling all the details for applying online for SET, the candidates have to opt for payment of examination fee either by credit card/debit card/internet banking.
- Step 7: Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online admit card on the day of examination.
- Step 8: Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of application form will not be accepted by WBCSC.
- General Candidates : Rs.1200/-
- Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer)/EWS: Rs.600/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender: Rs.300/-
- Mode of payment
- Exam fee either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking
- Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus GST as applicable
- Debit Card: Nil
- Internet Banking: Rs. 10/- per transaction plus GST as applicable
WB SET 2022 Scheme & Date of Test
- The State Eligibility Test (SET) will be held on 8th January , 2023 (SUNDAY) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only in West Bengal. WBCSC will conduct SET in 33 subjects at selected Test Centres of different Districts of West Bengal.
- Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 08th January 2023 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
- First Paper I
- Total Marks – 100 Marks
- Duration: 1 Hour (10:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.) IST
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Second Paper II
- Total Marks – 200 Marks
- Duration : 2 Hours (12:00 noon to 02:00 P.M.) IST
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering the entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options). The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I & Paper – II on the OMR Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
WB SET 2022 Admit Card
- It may be noted that the admit card will be uploaded on the website www.wbcsconline.in in 3rd week of December 2022.No Admit Cards will be sent to the candidates by post.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam center other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website