Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test 2023 for B.Ed Program Admission, Apply now
TS Ed CET 2023 – A Common Entrance Test, designated as Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test-2023 (TS Ed.CET-2023) will be conducted by Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education for admission in to B.Ed (Two years) Regular Course in the Colleges of Education in Telangana State for the academic year 2023-2024
TS Ed CET will be conducted through Computer Based Test (CBT) mode for the year 2023.
Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TS Ed.CET-2023)
TS EdCET 2023 Important Dates
- Notification of TS Ed.CET – 2023 (CBT) to be issued: 04.03.2023
- Commencement of submission of online application forms: 06.03.2023
- Last date for submission and Registration of online application form without late fee [fee Rs. 750/- for SC / ST / PH Rs. 550/-]: 01.05.2023
- Last date for submission and Registration of online application form with late fee of Rs. 250/- : —-
- Correction of Online Application Data already Submitted by the Candidate: 30-04-2023
- Download of Hall Tickets from website : https://edcet.tsche.ac.in: From 05.05.2023
- Date of TS Ed.CET 2023 Exam Through Computer Based Test(CBT): 18.05.2023
Time of Examination
- First Session : 09.00 AM to 11.00 AM
- Second Session : 12.30 PM to 02.30 P Third Session : 04.00 PM to 06.00 PM
- Declaration of preliminary Key: 21.05.2023
- Last Date for Receiving of objections on preliminary Key: 24.05.2023
TS EdCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET-2023 (CBT) for admission into 2-year B.Ed Course.
- The candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
- The candidate should satisfy “Local” / “Non – Local” Status requirements as laid down in the Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974, as subsequently amended.
Educational Qualifications :
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for qualifying examination
- In any Bachelor’s Degree i.e. B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc (Home Science), BCA, BBM, B.A (Oriental Languages), BBA or in the Masters Degree, securing at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with 50% aggregate marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- However, for candidates belonging to the reserved categories Viz., SC/ ST/ BC and other reserved categories should have secured 40% Marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET-2023.
- Note: As per the GO MS No:13 dated. 27/5/2017, the Candidates possessing MBBS/ BSC (AG) / BVSC/BHMT/ B.Pharm and such other professional and job oriented degree courses Viz., LLB are not eligible for admission into B.Ed Course.
- Candidates possessing a Master Degree without having undertaken undergraduate study are not eligible for admission.
- The candidate should have completed the age of 19 years as on 1st July of the year in which notification is issued. There shall be no maximum age limit.
Eligibility Criteria for the choice of subject under Part-C
- Mathematics : Candidates with B.A/B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the group subjects, B.E/B.Tech with Mathematics and BCA candidates with Mathematics at Intermediate level as a group subject.
- Physical Sciences : Candidates with B.Sc who have studied Physics or Chemistry or allied subjects under Part-II group subjects. B.E/B.Tech with Physics or Chemistry subjects and BCA candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at Intermediate level as group subjects.
- Biological Sciences : Candidates with B.Sc./B.Sc (Home Science) who have studied Botany or Zoology or allied subjects under Part-II group subjects and BCA students with Biological Sciences at Intermediate level as group subjects.
- Social Sciences : All Candidates with B.A with Social Science subjects /B.Com /B.B.M/ B.B.A and BCA students with Social Sciences at Intermediate level as group subject.
- English : The candidates with B.A in Special English/English Literature/MA English.
- Oriental Languages : Candidates with B.A Telugu/Hindi/ Marathi/ Urdu/Arabic/Sanskrit as one of the optional.
- Candidates with Literature (BA-L) (Telugu/ Hindi/ Marathi/ Urdu/ Arabic/ Sanskrit).
- Candidates with BA (Oriental Languages) in Telugu/ Hindi/ Marathi/ Urdu/ Arabic/Sanskrit.
- Candidates with Master’s Degree in Telugu /Hindi/ Marathi/ Urdu/ Arabic/ Sanskrit.
TS EdCET 2023 Application Process
- Candidates visit the Website: https://edcet.tsche.ac.in or online registration.
- After filling the online Application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press the Submit button. Filled in the Online Application Form will be generated of which contains registration number along with filled in details. Take print out of filled in the Online Application Form. Use the Registration number for future correspondence.
- For General Category : Rs. 650/-
- For SC/ST/PH Category : Rs.450/-
- Modes of payment : TS Online/AP Online Centers in Telangana State or A.P./ Payment Gateway.
TS EdCET 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Mode of Type: Objective type (multiple choice)
- Total questions: 150 questions
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: English/Telugu and English / Urdu
- Subject / Content (up to 10 class – Telangana State Curriculum) Mathematics, Science and Social Studies: 60 (Mathematics -20;
- Science-20 and Social Studies -20) Questions
- Teaching Aptitude: 20 Questions
- General English: 20 Questions
- General Knowledge & Educational Issues: 30 Questions
- Computer awareness: 20 Questions
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Common Entrance Test Notifications 2023
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates
- All India Entrance Exams 2023 notifications and dates
- B.Ed Entrance Exam and Admission Notifications 2023